18' QB Clayton Tune (Hebron) - 3 star

Interesting that I saw this thread this morning.   Yesterday I noticed Nathan's name on a Commercial Real Estate sign for a property in Arlington as I was driving by.    So, I am guessing he still lives and works in the area.

It was a shame that Nathan's senior year at NT was cut short due to injury.  It looked like things were really starting to gel for him at the time.

Edited by akriesman

4 minutes ago, akriesman said:

Interesting that I saw this thread this morning.   Yesterday I noticed Nathan's name on a Commercial Real Estate sign for a property in Arlington as I was driving by.    So, I am guessing he still lives and works in the area.

It was a shame that Nathan's senior year at NT was cut short due to injury.  It looked like things were really starting to gel for him at the time.

I thought Nathan was coaching in Celina?

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I thought Nathan was coaching in Celina?

3 hours ago, akriesman said:

My wife works in commercial real estate.   It's not really a 9 to 5 job for some of them.   So, Nathan probably does coach also.

He lives in Denton and works for Verus Real Estate and his main focus is Commercial. He quit coach a couple years back to get into Real Estate. Tunes a great guy, known him since college.

I actually ran into Tune at a Real Estate Golf Tourney out at Oakmont 2-3 weeks ago and I was actually asking about his brother. He said UNT hadn't even given him a time of day but he was very interested in possibly coming here. I asked about his Kansas Commitment being solid and he said he'd rather stick closer to home.

• Upvote 7

6 hours ago, Withers940 said:

He lives in Denton and works for Verus Real Estate and his main focus is Commercial. He quit coach a couple years back to get into Real Estate. Tunes a great guy, known him since college.

I actually ran into Tune at a Real Estate Golf Tourney out at Oakmont 2-3 weeks ago and I was actually asking about his brother. He said UNT hadn't even given him a time of day but he was very interested in possibly coming here. I asked about his Kansas Commitment being solid and he said he'd rather stick closer to home.

That is good/great to hear. 

Also, does SL have any connections with the Kansas staff? I noticed he is following the HC there.

3 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

That is good/great to hear. 

Also, does SL have any connections with the Kansas staff? I noticed he is following the HC there.

Clint Bowen, Doug Meacham, Garrett Riley, and Joe DeForest would all be logical connections. Beaty and Littrell likely know each other from coaching, just not certain how well. 

• 5 months later...
10 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

After the FAU game, atleast the coaches can say “no position” is locked down.. 

So we have that going for us, right?

9651e121dac222fdac699ca6d962b84f288c75e6

One position is locked down so tight that the guy that starts at it doesn't even sit the bench when we are down 6 scores in Q4.

• Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

another possible QB?

Tune's offer has been out since the beginning of the year before he committed to Kansas. Looks like after his decommitment the offer is good again. Would be interested in seeing how that shakes out with Bean, Martin and Tune. We lost like 3 QBs of depth this year, so maybe they want to take an extra.

31 minutes ago, Caw Caw said:

Tune's offer has been out since the beginning of the year before he committed to Kansas. Looks like after his decommitment the offer is good again. Would be interested in seeing how that shakes out with Bean, Martin and Tune. We lost like 3 QBs of depth this year, so maybe they want to take an extra.

I can't imagine us giving scholarships to 3 QBs in one class.  If Tune II were to commit, I'd expect one of the other guys to be asked to grayshirt, PWO, or look elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

I can't imagine us giving scholarships to 3 QBs in one class.  If Tune II were to commit, I'd expect one of the other guys to be asked to grayshirt, PWO, or look elsewhere.

So here is a question.. you keep the kid with 0 D1 offers and tune or tune and the kid with 5 D1 offers?

1 hour ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

So here is a question.. you keep the kid with 0 D1 offers and tune or tune and the kid with 5 D1 offers?

You kindly ask the kid that is a 2nd string QB at his own high school to maybe start reopening up his recruitment and maybe contact the previous staffs that offered him out of respect. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

You kindly ask the kid that is a 2nd string QB at his own high school to maybe start reopening up his recruitment and maybe contact the previous staffs that offered him out of respect. 

So I checked out his stats and he has about the same production as the initial starter. Anyone know the story?

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/team/stats_by_player.aspx?gendersport=boys,football&schoolid=4e05ea4f-adee-4afa-b6c9-37c15c1bdca5

Thy also used him for rushing and interestingly, for punting. Maybe offer as an ath and figure out where he fits.