18' QB Clayton Tune (Hebron) - 3 star

4 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

You kindly ask the kid that is a 2nd string QB at his own high school to maybe start reopening up his recruitment and maybe contact the previous staffs that offered him out of respect. 

You mean the kid that rushed for 223 yards on 13 carries and 2 TD's plus throwing for 2 TD's in his team's playoff win this weekend?  Hmmm.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Did earlier, chose Kansas, we picked up two commits that we are honoring, he decommitted, found out he waited too long and his options went away.

Do we know he decommitted because he was hoping for something from us?  I assumed he was just trying trolling for more offers since Kansas was in the dumpster again and very likely to see a change at HC (3-33 record over last 3 years).  Kansas is a horrible place to go play.  I think he got bad advice from his inner circle just so he could say he is going to the Big 12 (if that is what happened, I guess he could be a lifelong Jayhawk fan).

Edited by TreeFiddy

Not sure but he did post on Twitter that he appreciated the invite to North Texas from Coach Harrell.  I would assume since he spent some of his time while decommitted in Denton that he was looking here.  Again, just an assumption.

Edited by UNTLifer

9 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

Do we know he decommitted because he was hoping for something from us?  I assumed he was just trying trolling for more offers since Kansas was in the dumpster again and very likely to see a change at HC (3-33 record over last 3 years).  Kansas is a horrible place to go play.  I think he got bad advice from his inner circle just so he could say he is going to the Big 12 (if that is what happened, I guess he could be a lifelong Jayhawk fan).

This has to be 80% of these bozos. I have to think that the vast majority does not look at depth chart, really go in depth with major options, etc. etc. They just get the winds through the gym shorts of a 17 year old when that Big12 patch comes calling. Or ACC, SEC, etc. etc. etc. KU is 3-33 under Beaty. LOL. Todd Dodge, much? 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TreeFiddy said:

So, he was recruited, committed to Kansas, de-committed from Kansas, re-opened his recruitment for a couple of weeks, did I see that he re-committed to Kansas, then went on a trip to Ole Miss, etc...?  Is that right? 

Did he re-commit to KU?  Maybe I am dreaming that part.

I don't know about the visit to ol' miss, but you definitely have the rest right. Recommit included lol.

• 1 month later...