DRC: Breaking -- Former Nicholls assistant involved in UNT hoops scandal

Some cancers have a tendency to metastasize. This could get uglier. Pray that it has now been fully excised and is not spreading.

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Andrew said:

You wanted currents atheltes and staff to be involved? Thus far no staff or athletes are involved at UNT. Hopefully that doesn't change. 

I think his point is, this is worrisome because it suggests this is could be bigger than what we currently know.  If you're only concern is that it doesn't involve current UNT employees, well...

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I think his point is, this is worrisome because it suggests this is could be bigger than what we currently know.  If you're only concern is that it doesn't involve current UNT employees, well...

That is not my only concern, however it seems a couple posters on here want UNT to be more involved and want the athletic department to implode.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 8

57 minutes ago, Andrew said:

That is not my only concern, however it seems a couple posters on here want UNT to be more involved and want the athletic department to implode.

Not me. I want as much light as possible to be shone on the roaches, and let the chips fall where they may. In my heart I believe that this is not widespread...in order to prove that, you have to open all the cabinets and shine the light in there to find all the roaches. There is no joy in doing that but it must be done.

• Upvote 4

39 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

Not me. I want as much light as possible to be shone on the roaches, and let the chips fall where they may. In my heart I believe that this is not widespread...in order to prove that, you have to open all the cabinets and shine the light in there to find all the roaches. There is no joy in doing that but it must be done.

Mostly referring to NT90s over the top comments.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Mostly referring to NT90s over the top comments.

I didn't take it as pointed at me, I just took the opportunity to try to express my true feelings. The multiple parties investigating this mess will surely come up with the answers, the sooner the better.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Harry said:

Well the plot thickens...

The positive thing here is that this is coming from the UNT PD. Looks like they are doing their job, investigating the crime, getting the courts to issue warrants, making arrests, etc.

This is not coming from some whistle blower who had to go to the press.  This is not a string of victims that had to get their own lawyer.  The school and the PD are doing their due diligence.

Make no mistake, if anyone knew about this and didn't report it, covered it up, minimized it, etc... I would want them gone.  It doesn't look like that is the case... So far.

Like I said before college age young adults make plenty of mistakes. There are plenty who make worse decisions than this.  To expect any one sub population to make no mistakes, whether it is TAMS students, woodwind students, or student athletes isn't reasonable.

The school and department just need to cooperate fully and let the police and courts do their job without interference.

So far I haven't seen any proof of that not happening.

I know I will probably get burned for this, but I can't help but to wonder why the young lady/ladies in this case are "victims".  There are plenty of sexual assault victims and forced sexual situations that happen too often.  However, in this case, it appears, that she was "asked" to do something illegal for money. I haven't heard anything about strong-arm tactics or intimidation to force her into anything. She could say hell no and get out of my face with that craziness or she could look at the money and say hmmmm, maybe.  Either way, people have asked me to do many things in my long life. I said no to the things I didn't want to do and yes the ones I wanted.

Although, what the 2 guys did was illegal and will be dealt with in the courts. It appears the young lady was an accomplice to the criminal activity and either had a change of heart, felt like she was being taken advantage of (financially) or when the Resident Assistant found out, she made the call to end this.

I can see how being asked by "celebrities" can add additional pressure and it's hard to say no sometimes. But I just can't see my daughter (if I had one) agreeing to smoke crack, rob a bank, kill someone, or... have sex for money, just because someone asked her to.

Please don't beat me up too bad, just my thoughts. I'm open to debate, if not disrespectful.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

3 hours ago, Bullyballer said:

I know I will probably get burned for this, but I can't help but to wonder why the young lady/ladies in this case are "victims".  There are plenty of sexual assault victims and forced sexual situations that happen too often.  However, in this case, it appears, that she was "asked" to do something illegal for money. I haven't heard anything about strong-arm tactics or intimidation to force her into anything. She could say hell no and get out of my face with that craziness or she could look at the money and say hmmmm, maybe.  Either way, people have asked me to do many things in my long life. I said no to the things I didn't want to do and yes the ones I wanted.

Although, what the 2 guys did was illegal and will be dealt with in the courts. It appears the young lady was an accomplice to the criminal activity and either had a change of heart, felt like she was being taken advantage of (financially) or when the Resident Assistant found out, she made the call to end this.

I can see how being asked by "celebrities" can add additional pressure and it's hard to say no sometimes. But I just can't see my daughter (if I had one) agreeing to smoke crack, rob a bank, kill someone, or... have sex for money, just because someone asked her to.

Please don't beat me up too bad, just my thoughts. I'm open to debate, if not disrespectful.

See, we know few details. But since they do talk of a sexual assault that took place (on march 30 the document says I think), I kind of assume that at some point a sexual interaction happened to which she did not agree. But we know very few details, so making any judgments on victimhood/self action there is probably a bit early. If strong-arming tactics were used for example, we would be unlikely to know at this point. The police may know, but it is unlikely they would have released all those details.

• Upvote 1