DRC: An early look at UNT's schedule with predictions

I just don't see Army beating us.  Sure, they have a strong running game, but I think our defense will be improved enough to get us the win.  Plus, their D hasn't stopped us for a full game either.  I also think the SMU/UTSA games are toss ups.  Old Dominion was good last year, but they look to be very young this year.

• Upvote 3

While 6-6 is not great or sexy, I would take it. Get to another bowl game, and keep adding to the positives. UNT has been bad for a while, and back to back bowls will be refreshing. We have already seen the impact of just the 1 bowl game and 1 season under SL.

Also, have to remember those 2 weeks of practice were huge for Rico and Tyler Wilson among others, in the bowl game. We will have a very YOUNG and inexperienced OL, and a secondary that will be losing McClain, Jenna, etc. Going 6-6 should be the minimum. 

Get to the bowl, and get the practice. Hopefully we are talking in a year about a winning bowl team, and an up and coming offense as well that is getting ready to turn it up in year 3. Also, if SL gets picked off being a back to back bowl team will add to them appeal on top of the facility improvements.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

I see us at 6-6 as well.

Sure wins over Lamar and UAB (2-0)

Sure loss at Iowa (0-1)

probable or possible wins--UTSA, Utep, Rice, FAU, ODU, Army (4-2)

probable losses--SMU, La tech, and USM  (0-3)

You have Southern Miss as a probable loss?

I think its a toss up between 5&7 and 7&5. We must win on the road, which is hard to do, in order to become bowl eligible. Iowa,SMU,La. Tech, So Miss,,and UTSA look like "L's" to me, with Army and ODU as swing games. Of course, in 4 months anything can happen.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt from A700 said:

As I've said before, I only see two unwinnable games on the schedule.

Will we win ten games? Hell naw. I'm still going 7-5.

It all depends on our QB and DL play. The potential for both to be good is certainly there. We'll really have to wait and see. QB play with Fine kind of  scares me. DL I think will be taking a step up. I think the possibility of 4-8 is definitely there, because QB play. I think the possibility of 10-2 is there due to better than expected QB play and an upgraded DL with a semi veteran secondary. In other words, what I'm trying to say, I have no idea.