DRC: Baker reaches out to core boosters, fans via e-mail

I don't want to minimize this, but it sounds like the (current) accusation is that this occurred on two separate occasions.  From what I can tell, one of the instances resulted in sex and the other attempt resulted in an RA listening in on the conversation and reporting it to the police and an end to the crime spree.  Doesn't sound like we are dealing with a couple of master criminals.  Stupid, a 1,000 times yes.  Huggy Bear, not exactly.

I feel worst for the 2 females involved, but I hate to see kids screw up their lives over something so stupid.

• Upvote 7

Some of those core boosters were 100% behind Benford being here as our head coach, many because RV led them to believe it. 

Again, if we fired Benford at anytime before his last debacle of a season, when his players obviously quit on him and focused on "other" stuff, this probably doesn't even happen. 

It needs to be a really good learning experience for Smatresk, Baker, and anyone else in administration or that is a big booster to the program. Value winning, not cost...

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 13

6 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Again, if we fired Benford at anytime before his last debacle of a season, when his players obviously quit on him and focused on "other" stuff, this probably doesn't even happen. 

It needs to be a really good learning experience for Smatresk, Baker, and anyone else in administration or that is a big booster to the program. Value winning, not cost...

Lots of "ifs" in there and there is no reason what so ever to believe to the kids wouldn't have done something like this anyway.

What we know for certain is IF we would not have GM as our coach. Wren being willing to wait a year to get GM makes me believe the choices available at the time we not as good. 

And no matter who happens to be the coach at the time, college kids make bad decisions and get into trouble! To my knowledge, no coach has found a way to prevent this. What the better coaches do is get rid of the players after it happens. 

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Some of those core boosters were 100% behind Benford being here as our head coach, many because RV led them to believe it. 

My goodness. Have you joined the staff of INFOWARS as well?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

So far, there are two people implicated in this mess, an one year ball player and a student manager.   People on here with wild speculation and assuming the absolute worse are not helping anything, and I am not just referring to "Mr. Post anything to get attention".

This does not point to systemic failure in NT athletics or thus far involvement from anyone else but a couple of very small time inept knuckleheads.   That may change, but until it does I don't understand the impulse to make this story much bigger than it now seems to be.  

RV is implicated. Smatresk is implicated. To a much lesser degree, Baker is implicated. 

All three left an undisciplined failure as head coach for 3 years longer than any other major college program would have. This doesn't happen if any one of the three had stepped up and done their job. 

But its UNT athletics, so no big shock that didn't happen.

It also not surprising that long term fans just accept the suck and never assign any blame. It's the UNT way, after all.

Get ready for some self reporting of NCAA rules violations after the law firm's review of the program. That's coming. 

39 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

My goodness. Have you joined the staff of INFOWARS as well?

No alternate opinions allowed. Join the circle or else!!

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 18

2 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

RV is implicated. Smatresk is implicated. To a much lesser degree, Baker is implicated.

Implicated of what?  Keeping a bad basketball coach around for two long?   Fine, they are guilty of that, but to try and go from there to suggesting some sort of criminal conspiracy cover up is just crazy.   

40 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

This is nothing like the Baylor rape case.  Anyone who says otherwise is either ignorant of the facts of the Baylor case, or being willfully obtuse to try and settle old grudges.

If this had been like the Baylor case the following would have happened:

• The RA would have told the student not to make waves, 
  • then the campus counselors that the student went to would have told her they would handle it internally,
  • then even if the student went to campus or local police they would try to soft peddle it,
  • and as all this was going on the coaching staff would be running around trying to get everyone under their control, 
  • and finally this would of happened to DOZENS AND DOZENS of students.

Instead, the RA escalated the situation correctly.  The UNT PD investigated competently, made arrests and reported everything to the correct county authorities.  Now it's completely out of the hands of the university and in the courts of law.

Can anyone point to something the university has done that is wrong?

Every year a lot of students get involved in criminal acts, whether its smoking a joint or something worse.  Happens at every single school, of course it's going to happen here.   I have seen exactly zero evidence that the University or athletics was involved in any sort of cover up, or trying to protect anyone.  In fact it seem the player who had done wrong was told to move as soon as the authorities believed they had a strong case.  

1 minute ago, Cerebus said:

Implicated of what?  Keeping a bad basketball coach around for two long?   Fine, they are guilty of that, but to try and go from there to suggesting some sort of criminal conspiracy cover up is just crazy.   

Who suggested a cover up? I explained in that very post why they were responsible, did you not read that far? 

And are you up to your old tricks? I never compared this to Baylor. 

Just stop

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 14

19 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Who suggested a cover up? I explained in that very post why they were responsible, did you not read that far?

Well if it wasn't you, you should change your password because someone used the UNT90 account to suggest that it was improper for UNTPD to conduct the investigation:

17 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Shocked that you can't see a conflict of interest between a PD that answers to a university president conducting an investigation into something that could give the university a black eye. Shocked, I tell ya.

Then that same hacker suggested that Benford knew about the prostitution ring and anyone who didn't at least suspect this was a cheerleader:

15 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Right? 

I mean, if he knew about the prostitution ring and did nothing to stop it, he certainly isn't accountable, is he?

Rah rah rah, sis Boom bag.

Then that (possibly Russian?) hacker suggested not only would the UNT PD be incapable of handling a real and honest investigation, but then that university would fail to hand over incriminating evidence to the UNT PD.

7 hours ago, UNT90 said:

They aren't geared for a major criminal investigation. It's just not what they do. Add on top of that having to answer to people who may have a major stake in the investigative findings and it makes for a very bad situation. Hand it over.

Here is something for the mouthpieces to consider (that's assuming they are capable of an independant thought). What happens if the law firm comes across a piece of information that the police do not have but need for the criminal investigation? And what if that piece of information also opens up the university to liability? Who makes the decision to let the PD know? The university does. And if that PD is UNT PD, you could potentially have a very very dirty situation inside UNT. 

I am relieved that the Soviets are behind this, and not you UNT90.  I especially glad you aren't the type of person who isn't capable of understanding that intelligent and reasonable people can have differing viewpoint.   I would hate to have thought you were the kind of person that would suggest that those that don't agree with you are either:

Too stupid to understand basic geography:

17 hours ago, UNT90 said:

UNT isn't its own city nor is it it's own state, just be be clear.

So debased that they would willingly turn there back on sex crime felonies:

15 hours ago, UNT90 said:

If RV himself had led this prostitution ring, Machine would give him a pass because, dagnamit, he is just such a good guy other than a little whorin'.

Too simple minded to think for themselves:

7 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Here is something for the mouthpieces to consider (that's assuming they are capable of an independant thought).

I am especially glad that you never even suggested that this case was in any way shape or form related to the decades long cover up of child sexual abuse:

6 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Read this and see what a great job Penn St PD did with Sandusky. Also see how they under-reported sexual assaults on campus. 

University PDs are FAR more susceptible to political pressure because non-police essentially run the department. Hand it off.

Like I said, glad to here none of that was you.  But you really need to change your password ASAP.

9 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Well if it wasn't you, you should change your password because someone used the UNT90 account to suggest that it was improper for UNTPD to conduct the investigation:

Then that same hacker suggested that Benford knew about the prostitution ring and anyone who didn't at least suspect this was a cheerleader:

Then that (possibly Russian?) hacker suggested not only would the UNT PD be incapable of handling a real and honest investigation, but then that university would fail to hand over incriminating evidence to the UNT PD.

I am relieved that the Soviets are behind this, and not you UNT90.  I especially glad you aren't the type of person who isn't capable of understanding that intelligent and reasonable people can have differing viewpoint.   I would hate to have thought you were the kind of person that would suggest that those that don't agree with you are either:

I am especially glad that you never even suggested that this case was in any way shape or form related to the decades long cover up of child sexual abuse:

Like I said, glad to here none of that was you.  But you really need to change your password ASAP.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

37 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Again, character assasination by the same mod that gave the green light to online bully me off this forum. 

Read your post and mine again. Quite the stretches in truth you make there, isn't it? 

Ill sign off and let the circle jerk of "wouldn't it be great to go 6-6 just one year" continue. 

Get ready for NCAA sanctions for YOUR basketball program, because I bet they are right around the corner.

Adios, loser accepting mofos. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 21

17 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Ill sign off and let the circle jerk of "wouldn't it be great to go 6-6 just one year" continue. 

Dang Russian hackers at it again.  I had forgotten that Ivan insisted on repeatedly trying to offend people by denouncing their position as some sort of homosexual act.     

2 hours ago, UNT90 said:

No alternate opinions allowed. Join the circle or else!!

Alternate?  Sure?  Full blown, out of left field conspiracy?  Hmmm.

1 hour ago, UNT Five&Dime said:

He's not wrong, since we've all had our way with @UNT90's mom. But it still hurts my feelings when he calls us that. :(

Don't stoop.

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

Again, character assasination by the same mod that gave the green light to online bully me off this forum. 

Read your post and mine again. Quite the stretches in truth you make there, isn't it? 

Get ready for NCAA sanctions for YOUR basketball program, because I bet they are right around the corner.

Better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth, or in this case, put thoughts on board and confirm it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, UNT90 said:

This whole matter has been blown way out of proportion by you and others. I will accept that it is MY basketball program and has been for over 40 years and if you are willing to wager that there will be NCAA sanctions then I would recommend you stay away from Vegas or Windstar or wherever it is that you gamble. If you are so sure of it why don't you call them yourself and be sure it is reported.

I am neither a loser nor a mofo.   

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

• Harry locked this topic