'18 QB Cade Fennegan(Dallas Wilson HS)

2 years off?  Sorry but as we sit here wondering about how much Bryce English is going to be effective with the same amount of time off...yet actually working out and practicing...but we are excited about this kid riding his bike spreading the good news for two years?  This is just about as awkward as it gets.  I hope he breaks records when he gets here but would you be ok with someone committing to a Fed-Ex delivery job (physically demanding) for two years before coming to play football for UNT?

7 hours ago, All About UNT said:

2 years off?  Sorry but as we sit here wondering about how much Bryce English is going to be effective with the same amount of time off...yet actually working out and practicing...but we are excited about this kid riding his bike spreading the good news for two years?  This is just about as awkward as it gets.  I hope he breaks records when he gets here but would you be ok with someone committing to a Fed-Ex delivery job (physically demanding) for two years before coming to play football for UNT?

They can't work out while on their mission?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, All About UNT said:

BYU and most of the Utah schools has worked out pretty well. He would of red shirt out of High school now he will red shirt 2 years later. This staff can evaluate talent! Congrats to all! GMG

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

BYU and most of the Utah schools has worked out pretty well. He would of red shirt out of High school now he will red shirt 2 years later. This staff can evaluate talent! Congrats to all! GMG

Good thing we're both Utah and BYU right? I mean what kind of logic are you trying to relate here? We literally are neither of those schools and our staff are not from either those schools. So why would you bring up those schools?

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

They can't work out while on their mission?

Yeah I'm sure he has a full football staff waiting for him as soon as he's done with a shift. I even bet that is partner Cody will walk in front of him by 50 yards holding a net for him to throw the ball through. I just hope we didn't promise this guy a scholarship

1 minute ago, All About UNT said:

Good thing we're both Utah and BYU right? I mean what kind of logic are you trying to relate here? We literally are neither of those schools and our staff are not from either those schools. So why would you bring up those schools?

Don’t get so up in arms, it’s a mild risk, if he doesn’t pan out, it’s no big deal, if he does, great. Mason will be fine when he gets here but we will have a RS Jr in Pearson, 2 RS sophomores in Martin and Bean, plus a RS Fr from the ‘19 class (Holgorsen?) and whoever else we might take at QB in the ‘20 class. This isn’t as bad a risk as you seem to think. This kid would have to be a phenomenal player to even see PT here.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

Yeah I'm sure he has a full football staff waiting for him as soon as he's done with a shift. I even bet that is partner Cody will walk in front of him by 50 yards holding a net for him to throw the ball through. I just hope we didn't promise this guy a scholarship

I wouldn't expect him to start right away. That would be a bad sign. By that point, enough talent should be established that he would be expected to RS right away, and become depth after that until he seems ready to contribute.

We should, in theory, be driving the Kason Martin for President fan bus.

Edited by Aldo

2 minutes ago, Aldo said:

I wouldn't expect him to start right away. That would be a bad sign. By that point, enough talent should be established that he would be expected to RS right away, and become depth after that until he seems ready to contribute.

We should, in theory, be driving the Kason Martin for President fan bus.

... Or Bean, or Holgorsen?

11 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Don’t get so up in arms, it’s a mild risk, if he doesn’t pan out, it’s no big deal, if he does, great. Mason will be fine when he gets here but we will have a RS Jr in Pearson, 2 RS sophomores in Martin and Bean, plus a RS Fr from the ‘19 class (Holgorsen?) and whoever else we might take at QB in the ‘20 class. This isn’t as bad a risk as you seem to think. This kid would have to be a phenomenal player to even see PT here.

you're right in that I shouldn't give this too much thought. As long as it's not a scholarship I won't.

28 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

Duh. Just stating that it can work!  We are not Texas either so what does that mean?

22 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

you're right in that I shouldn't give this too much thought. As long as it's not a scholarship I won't.

It won’t be a scholarship until 2020 and that is if he doesn’t give up football. Also, we’d be getting a juco-aged player ias a true freshman.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

Baseball....a sport. Not peddling religion door to door or selling insurance

Peddling religion... your bias here is obviously against Mormonism and not the young man himself. Plus isn't riding a bike a sport? Those backpacks look heavy and Texas gets hot. 

• Upvote 6

22 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Pearson will already be graduated by the time Mr. Fennegan enrolls.

17 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Pearson would be a RS Senior I believe.

Pearson

2017 FR

2018 RS Fr

2019 RS So

2020 RS Jr

2021 RS Sr

Cade Pearson should be a RS jr when Cade Finnegan arrives.