YTD Season Ticket Sales Up 20%

AustinFromUNT

13 hours ago, MCMLXXX said:

The real measure is the number of new season ticket purchasers.

Absolutely agree.  But, if sales are up ytd 20% there has to be some new buyers in that lot.  I personally know of two brand new season ticket buyers.  So, fingers crossed that there will be a good number of new buyers AND returnees.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

This is something that every Mean Green fan can help with.

Simply buy a pair of season tickets.  That in of itself will help the program.  Then, since you've already bought your tickets, you'll be more inclined to be at Apogee o=n game days which will increase the numbers of the home crowd. 

Easy.  Almost anyone can make a difference in  North Texas football.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

I think we can definitely beat our attendance record from 2013 this year. Keep filling the west side Wren! I think there's definitely a bigger excitement following Seth's HOD Bowl game and the following season than there was in 2013-14, from season ticket holders AND students. Students need to do their part, too. By that, I mean don't go home to visit your parents unless the Mean Green are on the road.

4 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

I think we can definitely beat our attendance record from 2013 this year. Keep filling the west side Wren! I think there's definitely a bigger excitement following Seth's HOD Bowl game and the following season than there was in 2013-14, from season ticket holders AND students. Students need to do their part, too. By that, I mean don't go home to visit your parents unless the Mean Green are on the road.

I still think that the 2014 collapse in tickets was a result of poor ticket office management and the fact that anyone could see that we were going to fall off significantly in talent the next year (esp at QB).  If you weren't concerned about the talent drop-off then you weren't paying attention.

8 hours ago, All About UNT said:

I still think that the 2014 collapse in tickets was a result of poor ticket office management and the fact that anyone could see that we were going to fall off significantly in talent the next year (esp at QB).  If you weren't concerned about the talent drop-off then you weren't paying attention.

2014 still astonishes me on just how little the fans cared about the previous season.we win 9 games, under a coach who was super positive, and had SMU a home to pitch to season ticket holders...and we managed to see season tickets drop.

We got RV'd so hard after that HoD Bowl victory...McCarney became Dickster 2.0 towards the end of the season because his recruiting sucked ass and couldn't figure out why Texas HS kids running the spread didn't want to play in a leather helmet offense.

So thankful that those two are long gone.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, wardly said:

A 20% increase over what number?

Same period last year.  But, as we all know, actual numbers are not released...or have not been in the past.  But, a 20% increase over any number is 20% more.  At this point...anyway.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

So at least 300 new tickets...totally assuming the pathetic amount of 1500 season tickets...

Gotta start somewhere...hopefully, the real number is around a 1000 new season tickets

Edited by THOR
  • Upvote 1

Someone should just send him a tweet and ask if the actual numbers of season ticket sales will be released.  Seems to be the quickest response.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GMG24 said:

Someone should just send him a tweet and ask if the actual numbers of season ticket sales will be released.  Seems to be the quickest response.

Go For it.  Or better yet...show up at a Caravan Stop this next week and ask him.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

Go For it.  Or better yet...show up at a Caravan Stop this next week and ask him.

Unfortunately got football spring practice during the dates they've got the Caravan.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2017 at 9:48 PM, southsideguy said:

i still have not got around to buying mine yet.  Have to get on that before there are no more tickets to be had.

You scared me! I just got off my butt, picked up the phone, and renewed my four season tickets! If you haven't done it yet, I hope it motivates you. Carpe Diem...or Crappy Denim...or whatever.