Beyond The Green: Signing Day/Spring Edition

UNTLifer

Watched the episode last night as it replayed yesterday afternoon, and I was able to Tivo it.  Great episode.  Here are my take-a-ways.

1.  Great accountability in the program under SL.  Everybody knows the expectations and are expected to pull their weight.  Loved when Coach Littrell invited anyone that is happy with 5 or 6 wins to get up and leave at that time!  Those are not the expectations of this program.

2.  Loved the segment on the new assistants although I would have enjoyed hearing Coach Yellock speak.  I still think we have the energy of Eck in Koontz and Biagi.  I would hate to be an OL on the bad side of Coach Langston.  Is it me, or should all OL coaches be throw back, hard nosed men?

3.  The insight in to signing day/recruiting was good.  Loved the spots where SL was talking with the players on the phone after receiving their LOI's.  I was especially encouraged to hear Stenklyft state that the "wheel keeps turning" and that there is no time to sit and relax.  Time to keep recruiting

4.  Hard profession as an assistant being on the road all the time.

5.  I really hope SL stays around and becomes a local legend.

6. We have got to find a way to make this a year round program.  Such a good snapshot of our program and university.  The show is so unique from other "coach's shows" and could be used to cover all of our programs.  Love it.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

"Is it me, or should all OL coaches be throw back, hard nosed men?"

As should the OL they are coaching.

BTG should be a year round program, give some spotlight to the other sports also. Just as the NFL has become a year round enterprise, we need to market North Texas football year round. Social media does  some of that work. A designated once a month "event" during the off season, including conference call "shareholder" meetings with the Mean Green club (after Spring Ball and before the season starts maybe), the football banquet (January), Coaches Caravan (May), etc.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1