American Airlines hero is UNT grad

It is nice to know that the gentleman who came to the distraught mother's aid on the recent AA incident is a North Texas grad and also sponsors some courses. 

http://www.sportsgrid.com/as-seen-on-tv/video/that-passenger-who-almost-fought-the-american-airlines-employee-is-a-church-deacon/

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

Was he the one that threatened to "lay out" the crewmember of the plane?

I thought that was peculiar behavior for a Church Deacon.   I would expect more from him than, "I'll knock you out if you try that with me...".  That's the kind of response I would expect from a dude that already chugged a mini bottle of liquor.

• Upvote 1

hero? a "hero" is apparently a self-important tough guy with zero situational context who just committed a federal crime on camera. 

the woman had her stroller tagged to be checked at the end of the jet-way...instead she insisted on bringing it on the plane. the AA flight attendant rightly went to take it off the plane, because, you know...other people will be flying that day...now, of course, no video evidence exists of that exchange, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that he didn't just walk up to her and try and forcibly grab it and then smack her upside the head...I read another account from a supposed passenger that says she quickly escalated the situation when politely informed her the stroller had to be stowed and there was a 10+ minute interaction before the video starts to roll. if that's legit, who knows...but it sounds a lot more in keeping with my plentiful experience on planes and with flight crew. 

yes...the flight attendant should've responded better...probably with the woman and certainly with your "hero"...but the bottom-line in both this and the United situation is that people need to learn how to god-damn act when they get on a plane and what their rights and limitations are as passengers.

my bet...the woman knew exactly what she was doing when she brought the stroller on...knew it was meant to be checked at the end of the jet-way, but decided that she was entitled to bring it in the cabin and that there would be little/no resistance.

I hope this "hero" has charges filled against him. you really want to show concern for this female passenger? go console her, help her with her children or luggage...if you're going to interject yourself, do so in a manner meant to calm or defuse. instead...we get faux-chivalry and bravado. I'm sure it brought her great relief to see two guys square up over her. her verbally threatened physical harm to an airline employee. that's not a hero...it's criminal. 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Censored by Laurie said:

yes...the flight attendant should've responded better...probably with the woman and certainly with your "hero"...but the bottom-line in both this and the United situation is that people need to learn how to god-damn act when they get on a plane and what their rights and limitations are as passengers.

Like some people need to learn how to communicate without throwing out terms that might be offensive to others?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Like some people need to learn how to communicate without throwing out terms that might be offensive to others?

Yep, every overly sensitive person looking for something wrong in everything.  So tired of this.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_a_spade_a_spade  https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/goddamn

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

3 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

Yep, every overly sensitive person looking for something wrong in everything.  So tired of this.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_a_spade_a_spade  https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/goddamn

Apples to oranges, but whatever makes you happy.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Apples to oranges, but whatever makes you happy.

one is an expression used by many and offensive to a few, perhaps a few purposely over-looking the intent, commonality and connotation...the other is the exact same thing. 

so the you seems to be the only difference. one offends you, one doesn't. great opportunity for some personal reflection.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Censored by Laurie said:

Cam-Newton-GIF.gif

17 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Offsides.gif

25 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

jacked_ref.0.gif

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

hero? a "hero" is apparently a self-important tough guy with zero situational context who just committed a federal crime on camera. 

the woman had her stroller tagged to be checked at the end of the jet-way...instead she insisted on bringing it on the plane. the AA flight attendant rightly went to take it off the plane, because, you know...other people will be flying that day...now, of course, no video evidence exists of that exchange, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that he didn't just walk up to her and try and forcibly grab it and then smack her upside the head...I read another account from a supposed passenger that says she quickly escalated the situation when politely informed her the stroller had to be stowed and there was a 10+ minute interaction before the video starts to roll. if that's legit, who knows...but it sounds a lot more in keeping with my plentiful experience on planes and with flight crew. 

my bet...the woman knew exactly what she was doing when she brought the stroller on...knew it was meant to be checked at the end of the jet-way, but decided that she was entitled to bring it in the cabin and that there would be little/no resistance.

I hope this "hero" has charges filled against him. you really want to show concern for this female passenger? go console her, help her with her children or luggage...if you're going to interject yourself, do so in a manner meant to calm or defuse. instead...we get faux-chivalry and bravado. I'm sure it brought her great relief to see two guys square up over her. her verbally threatened physical harm to an airline employee. that's not a hero...it's criminal. 

This.  Thank you.  And, I am ignoring the bit of profanity....like I have never used that. Hmmmmm...but 100% YES...people need to learn how to behave and act on all forms of public transportation...including our roads and highways! 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

3 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

one is an expression used by many and offensive to a few, 

Really?  Did you research that beyond your acquaintances?

I agreed with your post just found the use of a few words bothersome. Guess that is just me, and yes, I have unfortunately used it in my past. 

• Downvote 1