McCasland's recruiting has been phenomenal

Harry

19 hours ago, rws69 said:

From Dallas area, consider going west all the way on LBJ to SH121 / FM2499. Take FM2499 north all the way to FM2181. 

So much for that secret.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

If you're going all the way to Swisher/Teasley/2181/whatever-you-want-to-call-it, 35 needs to be VERY backed up for this to work to your advantage.  ..Like wreck on Lake Lewisville Bridge backed up.

Is it just my bad luck or timing? On 35 I almost always have to slow to <10 mph for an extended stretch, and sometimes have to come to a dead stop for a minute or two at a time...without passing any wrecks. Is it just me?

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 2

On 4/23/2017 at 7:18 PM, EagleMBA said:

Thanks for the tip! I checked the map and I have to hit FM2499 at a higher point because I'm coming across the Bush. Looks like I could easily cross I-35 on Hebron Pkwy/Round Grove Rd (if the construction doesn't prevent it), continue west on Flower Mound Rd., and hit FM2499. I'm considering coming to the Denton Arts & Jazz Festival next Saturday to see Aaron Neville so that would be a good opportunity to check that route out.

Just obey the speed limit when going through Highland Village (40 / 45). I am just a few blocks north of Flower Mound Road, so you will be picking up my route.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/23/2017 at 7:18 PM, EagleMBA said:

Thanks for the tip! I checked the map and I have to hit FM2499 at a higher point because I'm coming across the Bush. Looks like I could easily cross I-35 on Hebron Pkwy/Round Grove Rd (if the construction doesn't prevent it), continue west on Flower Mound Rd., and hit FM2499. I'm considering coming to the Denton Arts & Jazz Festival next Saturday to see Aaron Neville so that would be a good opportunity to check that route out.

Been meaning to ask how this worked for you.

Just now, rws69 said:

Been meaning to ask how this worked for you.

I chickened out because of the weather. That was the night we had all of those tornadoes and I backed out after the weather radar began to show the obvious. I have not given up on your suggested route and will take a road trip to try it soon.