'18 QB Kason Martin(Manvel, TX)

Just looking at his 24/7 his dad is his head coach, and his brother plays at Texas A&M. 

Also, nice size in terms of height

The kid has great ball placement, and just to compare someone that he looks similar to in the pocket in terms of movement and throwing motion is Sam Bradford. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/20/2017 at 7:48 PM, BTG_Fan1 said:

Just looking at his 24/7 his dad is his head coach, and his brother plays at Texas A&M. 

Also, nice size in terms of height

The kid has great ball placement, and just to compare someone that he looks similar to in the pocket in terms of movement and throwing motion is Sam Bradford. 

Strong ties with the HC at Manvel are a good thing. That program is oozing with P5 / FBS talent annually.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

I think this is our guy, based on what JayD has posted

If so, I hope Prince is his best friend.  While we are wishing, heck, throw in his two receivers.  One is a 4 star and the other a 3 star both with big-time offers.  We could take the Manvel skill positions and make and all-in-one offer.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2

Well, I would be happy with Martin.  The offer lists for Prince, Jalen Preston and Kameron Scott are crazy.  Preston has offers from the SEC, Big 12 and Big 10,  and Scott is close to those offers. Those three can basically have their pick of where they want to go among the big P5's.  Our only chance would be for Martin to decide to come here and convince one of those three to take a shot at good old UNT.  

I had forgotten that Martin was the coach's son.  I like that, in that these kids typically have been around the game for so long that their level of understanding is ahead of the pack.

2 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Well, I would be happy with Martin.  The offer lists for Prince, Jalen Preston and Kameron Scott are crazy.  Preston has offers from the SEC, Big 12 and Big 10,  and Scott is close to those offers. Those three can basically have their pick of where they want to go among the big P5's.  Our only chance would be for Martin to decide to come here and convince one of those three to take a shot at good old UNT.  

I had forgotten that Martin was the coach's son.  I like that, in that these kids typically have been around the game for so long that their level of understanding is ahead of the pack.

I also believe that Kason's older brother is an OL at TXAM. 

The good thing for UNT is that if Martin can commit, and this offense shows some life (fingers crossed like in SLs other stops), along with the loses at WR from last year and Wilson graduating it will lead to some spots being open for these guys to come in and play early. 

As of now we have Smiley (who I believe will be done after this year), Guyton, Rico, Wilson at WR with the PWO from last year in Lawerence, Pirtle, Mc (the fill in last year) to go with the 2 freshman that we picked up this year. So adding the WRs with those lists would be very nice and they could possibly play early and often.

Prince at RB would have to compete with Smith, Triggers, Johnson, and the SFA kid but UNT has used multiple backs and with his offer list as well it could be interesting. 

#FingersCrossed #PerfectStorm

• 2 weeks later...

Rated as a two star recruit. .7954 Composite score

Edit: Watched his highlight film.

Thoughts: Decent arm strength, throws a catchable ball, weird but compact release, not fast, but mobile in the pocket(reminded me of Tom Brady in that way). Plays in a similar system but might've had inflated numbers due to having two P5 receivers and a P5 running back. Good height and is a coaches kid so probably pretty smart

Edited by MGNation92
  • Upvote 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...