Best Recruiting Win of the Littrell Era?

Caw Caw

https://www.hudl.com/profile/6459454/antonio-gage

Wow great pick-up.  Again reaffirming the importance of Coach Nate Brown, and his outstanding ability to recruit top talent.

Interesting note for the old-timers, it appears we beat out Minnesota and specifically former UNT Coach Matt Simon out for this kid.

Good news and should create some momentum!  GMG!

8 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

Recruiting for the 2018 class has certainly picked up compared to the 2016 and 2017 classes. I think our HOD bowl game appearance is starting to pay some dividends.

I don't think it was particularly that, although it couldn't hurt. I think the energy and excitement we're getting in the media and from multiple outlets, there's a respect for this staff and what it's dong. As their reputation is growing so is their recruiting. This recruiting year will be their "settling in" year, we got a long way to go but it's wins like this that can help get more kids to consider North Texas. Maybe it really is a New Denton.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

Offers from Colorado, Illinois, LaTech, Minnesota, SMU, Texas Tech, and Utah. 

This is the first time I recall EVER beating out an offer list like that.  Ever.  

But the kid hasn't signed anything yet, has he?  I'll hang up and listen.

Agree.   I'm super-excited about this recruiting 'win'.  But will be holding my breath until signing day.   There's still a long time for those other schools to continue working on him.  And if UNT does not show improvement on the field this year, he may start looking around.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Caw Caw said:

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Antonio-Gage-99841/RecruitInterests

It's a long way to the new early signing period, but this could provide some solid momentum in the class.

Great commit. Relationships have been established with these coaching staffs and parents and the product of the program is being validated among recruits. More like this to come. 

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Caw Caw said:

THOU SHALL NOT TWEET @ Recruits is drilled into my brain.

It's obvious that's not an area the NCAA wants to get into anytime soon.  Look at how the fanbases of the big-time schools tweet recruits--it's relentless.  Really, we could stand to have more activity on that front.  Just don't tweet where you'll park the Escalade with the keys in the ignition and the pink slip in the recruit's name. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, UNT Mean Green said:

Great commit. Relationships have been established with these coaching staffs and parents and the product of the program is being validated among recruits. More like this to come. 

Damn I hope you're right. Good pick up with a pretty nice offer list. Welcome.