DRC: Breaking -- Brice, Brown leaving UNT

Brett Vito

Heard through the grapevine earlier that Brice and his parents had decided for him to leave a while back.  I talked to him at the green/white and he seemed excited to stay...who knows the real story.  He might blossom at a smaller school.

• Upvote 1

Brice is a fantastic kid.  For that reason, I hate to see him leave.  But, in my opinion, he simply did not live up to expectations and his playing time seemed to decrease as the year went on. His leaving was pretty much expected.  Too bad as you can't "coach" someone to be 7'1".  Here's hoping our Russian transplant can fill the void.

Brown? Well, I think we have some better guards on the way.  

Interesting how fast McCasland is remaking the roster.  Hopefully, it will turn out to be a good thing.  We shall see.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

My expectation of Brice after watching him in high school was that he wouldn't be an impact guy until his junior year. Hate to see him leave. Benford gave up on him too soon. Never liked Brown's game and while we are at it, isn't it time for GWP to graduate early? Is Fuller homesick as well? 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, Cooley said:

My expectation of Brice after watching him in high school was that he wouldn't be an impact guy until his junior year. Hate to see him leave. Benford gave up on him too soon. Never liked Brown's game and while we are at it, isn't it time for GWP to graduate early? Is Fuller homesick as well? 

I would trade Pittman and Fuller for Brown and Brice in a heart beat. Maybe both have greatly improved after sitting out last year. 

So here is what we have returning?

Woolridge, Lawson, Tamara, and Holston (only players who are on scholarship and touched the floor)

Fuller and Pittman (redshirted)

Bryce Jackson and DJ Drapper as walk ons. 

Essentially that's four players who played any real minutes. That also leaves 7 scholarships of which we have filled 6. 

Am I correct Cooley?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

I would trade Pittman and Fuller for Brown and Brice in a heart beat. Maybe both have greatly improved after sitting out last year. 

So here is what we have returning?

Woolridge, Lawson, Tamara, and Holston (only players who are on scholarship and touched the floor)

Fuller and Pittman (redshirted)

Bryce Jackson and DJ Drapper as walk ons. 

Essentially that's four players who played any real minutes. That also leaves 7 scholarships of which we have filled 6. 

Am I correct Cooley?

I would not assume that there will only be one more addition.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Assuming there is one spot left what do we need most?  Juco or high school?  Post or guard?  If there was a pure 3 shooter out there I would take him even if juco.

I thought maybe the one spot we have open (as of now) would go to a Arkansas State transfer.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Assuming there is one spot left what do we need most?  Juco or high school?  Post or guard?  If there was a pure 3 shooter out there I would take him even if juco.

For as much pressure as Grant wants to put on the ball we could probably find a defensive ball handler. Someone who excels on D and gets to the rim on O not necessarily a great shooter. Although I wouldn't mind another paint protecter body. A guy who could get defensive boards and provide solid post D. 

• Upvote 2