MUTS FB player beats puppy dog

It is the dog's fault! He is a smart dog and the guy taught him to use a smartphone. While the MUTS player was sleeping, the dog got access to his phone and posted this on Facebook:

th?id=OIP.GTMFPuO38oRrvddhIqjTyAEsBw&pid

I would beat his ass too!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

9 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

In no way am I condoning this or downplaying the other issues, but they will most likely catch more hell for this than they would for sexual assault or beating the crap out of another student.  

It's possible to be respectful of other people and to treat animals humanely.  You don't have to condone either.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Rutherford County Animal Control investigators said when they were trying to track Akins down for an interview at the College Grove apartments, they found he was evicted last May and not allowed there or at Aspen Heights for a shooting incident involving police.

Channel 4 also found Akins was arrested in January for resisting arrest and possession of marijuana.

MTSU head coach Rick Stockstill issued the following statement to Channel 4 concerning the alleged abuse:

I am aware of the situation and have talked to the players involved. The players explained to me that the puppy urinated inside and they were simply spanking it as a form of discipline. They told me there was never any intent to harm the dog. This was an important teaching moment.

In the meantime, both athletes remain on MTSU's football roster.

WHAT THE F

• Upvote 3

Thank goodness someone had the balls to film this and broadcast it to the entire world--instead of maybe talking to him and pointing out that his behavior is unnecessary, cruel, and ineffective--so someone can get their pound of flesh from this kid, and hopefully mark his life and career before it starts.  Bravo to you, sir or madam.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 9

54 minutes ago, LongJim said:

Thank goodness someone had the balls to film this and broadcast it to the entire world HE POSTED IT TO HIS OWN SNAPCHAT ACCOUNT SEEMINGLY AS AN OPEN STORY AND SET IT WHERE ALL WHO FOLLOWED HIM COULD SEE IT --instead of maybe talking to him and pointing out that his behavior is unnecessary, cruel, and ineffective IT WASN'T HIS DOG, SO WHO SHOULD TALK TO HIM POLITELY? THE OWNER? SNAPCHAT INVESTORS? HIS COACH DID GIVE HIM THE LIFE ADVICE OF PUNCH OFF CAMERA, THOUGH --so someone can get their pound of flesh from this kid, WHO'S WINNING HERE? and hopefully mark his life and career before it starts. DON'T THE EVICTION AND ARRESTS KIND OF DO THAT ON THEIR OWN?  Bravo to you, sir or madam. IT WAS A WOMAN WITH HER HUMORS LIKELY OUT OF SORTS FROM HER MONTHLY FLOWERING.

I love you, Jim - but some counterpoints to consider in bold. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

15 minutes ago, Quoner said:

I love you, Jim - but some counterpoints to consider in bold. 

Yeah, he's a knucklehead, and those are good points.  I don't condone the guy's behavior at all.  At all.  I just am really tired of the entire "gotcha" culture that has been fostered by the internet and cell phones, and "concerned citizens".  But yeah--he played himself.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, LongJim said:

Yeah, he's a knucklehead, and those are good points.  I don't condone the guy's behavior at all.  At all.  I just am really tired of the entire "gotcha" culture that has been fostered by the internet and cell phones, and "concerned citizens".  But yeah--he played himself.

I kinda think 'concerned citizens' are a good thing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 6:08 PM, LongJim said:

Legitimate ones, sure.  Internet/YouTube fame whores, not so much.

I don't mean to rag on you.  We're talking about very different things.  You're talking about how easy it is to indict and convict someone on the web without much chance for that person to defend himself.  I don't think that's the case here, but I understand your point.

I just hate bullies.  Someone who beats up a woman half his size, or a defenseless child, or a cowering animal is worthless in my eyes.  This thug beat the crap out of an animal that worshipped him then bragged about it in a Facebook post.  There's no pit in hell too hot for him.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

On 4/12/2017 at 8:39 PM, El Paso Eagle said:

In no way am I condoning this or downplaying the other issues, but they will most likely catch more hell for this than they would for sexual assault or beating the crap out of another student.  

Especially if it were Baylor. 😳

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

On 4/15/2017 at 1:03 PM, emmitt01 said:

And why is he gone?  Because some internet "attention whore" shined a big enough light on him that public perception wouldn't allow this to be brushed under the rug.  

Strange how that works

If we don't know who brought this out to the forefront, can they really be called an "attention whore"?

• 1 month later...