That McCasland buyout needs to be paid

Arkstfan

We are pretty good at this one and done coaching thing and this is the first time we had trouble getting the buyout. 

Ateast we ran to the media on the first day the payment was late to make everyone aware of the situation and allow for some chuckling at the expense of UNT. 

I hope y'all don't cut baseball to pay for it though. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 9

9 minutes ago, WolfBird said:

We are pretty good at this one and done coaching thing and this is the first time we had trouble getting the buyout. 

Ateast we ran to the media on the first day the payment was late to make everyone aware of the situation and allow for some chuckling at the expense of UNT. 

I hope y'all don't cut baseball to pay for it though. 

We're all trying to have a good time here, then:
waynes-world-get-a-load-of-this-guy-cam-

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Umm, that's not funny (it's not even good smack talk, since we also have four of those).  If you're going to come here, you are going to have to do funny.  That's why we allow Red Wolves to post here.

Four what?  And from when?  The 30's?  Pay up or we're coming to repo those and get a few bucks on the ultrium market.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 10

5 minutes ago, AStateDale said:

Bm6mNWVCcAAZ_l7.jpg

Whoa!   That one wolf on the pinky finger is crying diamonds!   That's an awesome ring, but if you're a champ, why would you be crying?

Just now, AStateDale said:

Four what?  And from when?  The 30's?  Pay up or we're coming to repo those and get a few bucks on the ultrium market.

Ah.   @Mean Green 93-98, It appears @AStateDale is a young'un.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, greenminer said:

I always thought the contractual responsibility was on the exiting coach, we (the hiring school) just effectively reimburse him.

Either I was wrong, or we're coolcool with AkState and they are alright with receiving it from us directly.

71888308.jpg

You are correct.

Grant violated his contract with Arkansas State by not delivering payment on time which in the worst case would lead to lawsuit judgment, fees, costs, and interest but doesn't involve UNT.

Presumably, UNT's contract with McCasland requires that UNT tender the payment on his behalf. The failure to do so just means he could walk from his contract and be due whatever damages the contract provides for UNT breaching.

That's the whole sum of it.

1 hour ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Sorry, but we're being accused of being low on funds by folks from Northeast Arkansas?

Accused?

Look I don't care if 8.7 million people drive by your stadium every day if they don't stop and enter when there is a game, and I don't care how wealthy the DFW area is if you don't honor your obligation to your coach and pay up as required by the contract. Maybe you sophisticates think hillbilly jokes show how superior you are but we pay our coaches.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 9

8 minutes ago, Arkstfan said:

You are correct.

Grant violated his contract with Arkansas State by not delivering payment on time which in the worst case would lead to lawsuit judgment, fees, costs, and interest but doesn't involve UNT.

Presumably, UNT's contract with McCasland requires that UNT tender the payment on his behalf. The failure to do so just means he could walk from his contract and be due whatever damages the contract provides for UNT breaching.

That's the whole sum of it.

Accused?

Look I don't care if 8.7 million people drive by your stadium every day if they don't stop and enter when there is a game, and I don't care how wealthy the DFW area is if you don't honor your obligation to your coach and pay up as required by the contract. Maybe you sophisticates think hillbilly jokes show how superior you are but we pay our coaches.

Evidently not enough to stay in Jonesboro for more than a year. 

Edited by ChristopherRyanWilkes
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1