PG Umoja Gibson commits to UNT

#42 in Texas top 100 per:  http://texastop100.com/2015/10/08/class-of-2017/

ETA:  AS @Cooley pointed out, the list above was created in October of 2015.  The list below appears to be slightly more up to date (7/26/2016) and has Mr. Gibson rated #27.

https://texashoops.rivals.com/news/rankings-class-of-2017

Another list from 3/2016 with Gibson rated #22 in the state.  

https://rivals.yahoo.com/texashoops/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-3620/0

Edited by TreeFiddy
  • Upvote 3

Still absorbing his highlights and reading articles but I like the heart and desire I see of this kid.  It seems like he plays bigger than he is and seems to be a student of the game.  Welcome aboard Umoja!

PS..this roster has really changed.  Should be a very different team.  Will be interesting to see how it comes together.

9 hours ago, Harry said:

Still absorbing his highlights and reading articles but I like the heart and desire I see of this kid.  It seems like he plays bigger than he is and seems to be a student of the game.  Welcome aboard Umoja!

PS..this roster has really changed.  Should be a very different team.  Will be interesting to see how it comes together.

I'd still like to see what is done to fill the hole left by Jeremy Combs's departure. When healthy, he was a near lock for a double-double.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

I'd still like to see what is done to fill the hole left by Jeremy Combs's departure. When healthy, he was a near lock for a double-double.

We have on overflow of post players. None may be as good as Jermey, but I don't see us having an issue in the post next season. Guard play is the real issue. Woolridge is the only lock there assuming AJ plays SF.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2