CUSA and Sunbelt Merger About to Happen Folks

9 hours ago, Arkstfan said:

That is seriously sad, that you can't come up with any better accomplishments than being asked to join CUSA at the same time as FIU and three schools that had never played a down of FBS ball.

Deeply sad.

Lol come on bro... let's be real 

If the roles were reversed and Ark. St. would be of been one of the teams that got invited to CUSA that would of been on the best days in the history of your athletic department. 

• Upvote 1

I like 10 football schools plus UTA and UALR for all other sports.The problem is that besides NMSU,A-State, and ULL who else wants to play in a  conference with 5 Texas universities? Plus I will take USA over Troy any day of the week just for academics and the fact they host a bowl game.In my opinion,  in case of a merger and realignment you are going to have  more programs wanting to go East rather than West beginning with probably La. Tech and  So. Miss.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, shootermcgavin44 said:

Lol come on bro... let's be real 

If the roles were reversed and Ark. St. would be of been one of the teams that got invited to CUSA that would of been on the best days in the history of your athletic department. 

Yeah until Tulsa announced they were leaving. The main reason our fans ever wanted in were Tulsa, Memphis and USM, at least USM is still there but not much else exciting. We aren't in a state with several CUSA schools, we are 300 miles from the nearest CUSA school

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

How about this. CUSA/Sun Belt WEST create a 12 team conference with East and West divisions. Since the majority of schools are from CUSA, we will take that name. West: NMSU,UTEP,UTSA,UNT,Texas State, and Rice. East: A-State,La. Tech.,ULL,So. Miss.,UAB,and U.S.A.[might want to exchange U.S.A. for F.-U. if a presence in Florida is wanted.Also, I substituted NMSU for La. Monroe, who no one wants] The remaining CUSA/Sun Belt universities retain the SBC name, and divide into  North and South Divisions.

• Downvote 1