Combs to transfer

Andrew

2 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Did I say anywhere that Combs did anything wrong?  What I at least attempted to say is the transfer system now greatly favors the powers.  It was fine when little used athletes were transferring down to get playing time like Morris.  It benefited both teams, the powers freeing up a ship and the other team getting a good player.   That is not necessary the case anymore.  What you are seeing more and more is the powers picking up the best players from the lesser conferences.   Schools are going to evaluate redshirts and summer school in that light, they would be stupid not to do so.    

Back to Combs, I believe the coaching change was the overriding factor in his decision.  Combs probably gave up a chance to be a NT hall of famer and a chance to be the catalyst on hopefully a much improved ball team.   I am sure it was not an easy decision. and I really hope it works out for him.    

Never said you did, simply making my point.  I see your side, I just think if the kid graduates in 3 years good for him!  He could have gone to grad school here, but with all coaching changes you lose kids.  I see no reason to punish other student-athletes because a rare few graduate early and leave UNT for a bigger school.  Summer school is offered as a way to allow student athletes to take a 12 hour course load during the Fall/Spring semesters when theyre either in season or preparing for the next season.  

18 hours ago, Cooley said:

Combs, by UNT standards, is a lock. I would select him over a number of the last few they let in. Once you make an all conference team, you're in. 

2015-2016 he was all conference second team. His freshman year he was on the all freshman team and runner up to freshman of the year. He never hit the 1,000 point mark since he basically played injured all season this year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1