New unis?

Marty

Here's hoping that they go for a classic look. When big budget teams with supplier connections like Maryland or Oregon go outlandish, they can get away with it as they're designed well. Take a middling team and try to be all fancy, and it looks cheap, and like a bad high school uniform. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, meangreenlax said:

Here's hoping that they go for a classic look. When big budget teams with supplier connections like Maryland or Oregon go outlandish, they can get away with it as they're designed well. Take a middling team and try to be all fancy, and it looks cheap, and like a bad high school uniform. 

Or when middle of the road teams get together with a young trendy new uniform supplier. See this junk from 2007-2010.

(Not pictured, the long list of stupid foot injuries caused by the horrific Under Armor cleats.)

gallery_35327_191_276060.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Hate to sayit but I agree.  The UA unis I liked much better than the Nike ones....   

although i I love the new helmets with the sow....   especially the chrome one.   However I do not think that they would go well with the ua uniforms.

Edited by hickoryhouse
I can't type
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

The new wing design? If so. I hate to disagree but the recruits and players alike love that helmet the most.

Probably more because it is chrome and it is a familiar approach. I like the chrome, I just don't like copying every other winged animal mascot helmet ever. I like the helmet overall, the swag jacking is not my cup of tea. 

4 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

The new wing design? If so. I hate to disagree but the recruits and players alike love that helmet the most.

The new helmet logo on the chrome helmet is by far the best look... I think the other logo is too far back on the helmet, making it look funny. The new logo rocks, and with the chrome helmets, I can see why the student athletes love it! A+

PS: I loved the UA uniforms and it's been nearly 10 years, and I still think they look great. 

Edited by MeanGreen01
  • Upvote 3

Agree to disagree on the emblem on the chrome helmets (not the chrome helmets themselves). I just think it copies what other people have done before. Kids love it, cool... But I think it has more to do with the flash of the chrome than the emblem. You really can't even tell what it is supposed to be from afar anyway. 

• Upvote 1