'18 RB Anthony Johnson (Magnolia)

5'8" 192 lb running back from Magnolia high school in Magnolia, Texas. It appears we offered two days ago, and are currently his only offer. He has committed. Rushed for 1,064 yards and 10 touchdowns. I'm thinking he may missed time/carries due to injury, as he had almost twice as many carries as a sophomore, rushing for over 1,400 yards.

Highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/profile/3368625

http://247sports.com/Player/Anthony-Johnson-90226

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 3

12 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

5'8" 192 lb running back from Magnolia high school in Magnolia, Texas. It appears we offered two days ago, and are currently his only offer. He has committed. Rushed for 1,064 yards and 10 touchdowns. I'm thinking he may missed time/carries due to injury, as he had almost twice as many carries as a sophomore, rushing for over 1,400 yards.

Highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/profile/3368625

http://247sports.com/Player/Anthony-Johnson-90226

I was under the impression that this would be Seth's first full class of 25. Any idea how many we have that are grey shirted? Is there a % of the class that you would want to have as early commits?

2 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

I was under the impression that this would be Seth's first full class of 25. Any idea how many we have that are grey shirted? Is there a % of the class that you would want to have as early commits?

I have almost zero grasp of the grey/blue shirt idea.  It seems like we used a lot of them the last 12 months, and I'm sure that plays into our scholly count this coming class.

ETA: Hudl needs to get on the ball and allow their videos to be embedded on other sites.

5 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

I believe that we used 5 Blue-shirts with the likes of Hood, Jenkins etc. But we had 2 guys from Signing day that didn't make it so they were able to move some of the BS into the slots for the guys who didn't make it (Johnson, and Haynes).

I believe that we have 5 more BS for this years class (Weatherspoon, etc) as well. 

I'm not sure how the we would want to % them out, but I would not say that any of the guys are 100% locks like we felt with Pearson or Davis at times.. Lebanc has said the right things, but it would worriesome if UK doesn't offer to him, and the G from Midway made it sound like he only committed because we offered. Johnson seems to be the most likely to stay to to me. But this staff has shown the ability to hold onto guys once they commit, with the only lose that we have suffered is Bradley to HOU.

37 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I believe that we used 5 Blue-shirts with the likes of Hood, Jenkins etc. But we had 2 guys from Signing day that didn't make it so they were able to move some of the BS into the slots for the guys who didn't make it (Johnson, and Haynes).

I believe that we have 5 more BS for this years class (Weatherspoon, etc) as well. 

I'm not sure how the we would want to % them out, but I would not say that any of the guys are 100% locks like we felt with Pearson or Davis at times.. Lebanc has said the right things, but it would worriesome if UK doesn't offer to him, and the G from Midway made it sound like he only committed because we offered. Johnson seems to be the most likely to stay to to me. But this staff has shown the ability to hold onto guys once they commit, with the only lose that we have suffered is Bradley to HOU.

I would out money Leblanc ends up in Denton! He is a December grad so we will know before NSD.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I would out money Leblanc ends up in Denton! He is a December grad so we will know before NSD.

Oh nice, i didn't know about the early grad. I feel like Leblanc is someone who is likely to stick with UNT, and with him moving maybe it helps him stay under the radar a bit more. I'm just worried UK offers and he doesn't show

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I think Carroll sticks.  I didn't take his comments to mean he accepted only because we are his only offer at this time.  He knows more will come, but we were the right fit.

23 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I think Carroll sticks.  I didn't take his comments to mean he accepted only because we are his only offer at this time.  He knows more will come, but we were the right fit.

Lets hope they all stick and these guys and that they have solid years and possibly improve on their rankings. 

Welcome Aboard, Anthony. 

Though this guy might get rated again, it just solidifies what this staff is trying to do on the recruiting trail. It's a debate that has been on this board 6,389,054 times. History shows who is on the correct side of that debate. I can't imagine having 70-80% of our roster with 1 FBS offer (us) and watch UNT win a division or conference championship. I am not sure why I even have to say that. But on this board, people get sloppy drunk on the green kool aid. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

These kids offer lists aren't even close to complete. People ask why we don't have early commits, get early commits wonder why they don't have more offers. We know that theres atleast a Tulsa, Houston, Baylor offer to follow on nearly anyone we offer. If they stay healthy these guys will have more offers. Most players, unless they are 4/5 star kids with offers in the 30s are getting their first couple of offers this time of year.

• Upvote 3

Lebanc has moved around, and that hits his tape/ offers...

The guard from midway is over looked because of a the star QB, another even better G, along with a few kids on the defensive side of the ball as well.

Johnson appears to be injured his JR year, and that hurts in terms of getting offers early.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes we can be mad about the kids and their offer lists, but SL and the staff did a solid job with picking up players that did something for us last year. with no offers Look at what Rico, Tyler Wilson, Fine, Balkman, etc did and they didn't many/ if any offers.

Heck we added Triggers, the Durlin (the houston QB turned WR), Greg White, 3 of the top 4 or 5 kids in our class and they didn't have many other offers... That is on top of Pearson who alot of people on here like and he didn't have much of a list either. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Lebanc has moved around, and that hits his tape/ offers...

The guard from midway is over looked because of a the star QB, another even better G, along with a few kids on the defensive side of the ball as well.

Johnson appears to be injured his JR year, and that hurts in terms of getting offers early.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes we can be mad about the kids and their offer lists, but SL and the staff did a solid job with picking up players that did something for us last year. with no offers Look at what Rico, Tyler Wilson, Fine, Balkman, etc did and they didn't many/ if any offers.

Heck we added Triggers, the Durlin (the houston QB turned WR), Greg White, 3 of the top 4 or 5 kids in our class and they didn't have many other offers... That is on top of Pearson who alot of people on here like and he didn't have much of a list either. 

Keep seeing you mention "Triggers". Is that a nickname or something?  Durlin?

If you're expecting these guys to be contributors, may want to learn their names😂

• Upvote 1