'18 WR Dominick Neal -Lawton, OK

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Here Dominick discusses his recruitment so far and the upcoming season. Also picked up an offer from Arky State and says he has been talking with Ole Miss and a couple others. Definitely worth a watch.

As soon as Seth sees this he'll likely pull offer.  First off, never say your chasing bigger offers.  You have two schools who offered you a scholarship.  Then you don't even mention planning to visit UNT meh, on to the next one. 

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

As soon as Seth sees this he'll likely pull offer.  First off, never say your chasing bigger offers.  You have two schools who offered you a scholarship.  Then you don't even mention planning to visit UNT meh, on to the next one. 

That was kinda my thinking too. He mentioned visiting Arky State but not us. Idk guess we'll see.

13 hours ago, GMG24 said:

If Littrell thinks this guy can help him win games, I hope he doesn't get his feelings hurt over this interview.   Instead, recruit him more.  
If Littrell has other guys he likes better... whatever, no sweat.

21 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

If Littrell thinks this guy can help him win games, I hope he doesn't get his feelings hurt over this interview.   Instead, recruit him more.  
If Littrell has other guys he likes better... whatever, no sweat.

We can agree to disagree. 

15 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

We can agree to disagree. 

Why would he need to mention planning another visit to UNT?   His tweet announcing the offer shows him on a visit (flexing by Spiriki).  And doesn't the lanyard mean his visit is official?  I think any player would rather have the offers from a P5 school over G5 schools in general. Nothing against UNT.

10 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Why would he need to mention planning another visit to UNT?   His tweet announcing the offer shows him on a visit (flexing by Spiriki).  And doesn't the lanyard mean his visit is official?  I think any player would rather have the offers from a P5 school over G5 schools in general. Nothing against UNT.

No, lanyard is standard. The name badge (at least at Big schools says official or unofficial most time).  I'm just of the belief because it's happened to too many of my kids. They have 1/2 smaller D1 offers chase a big one never get it class fills up, or coaches move in bc they didn't show interest and now you got jack ____.  Appreciate the opportunities you have.  You get to be one of 2 % of ALL HS football players to play D1 and get school free.  

IMG_0321.PNG

And keep in mind that D1 is split over P5, G5, and FCS so the chance of getting a P5 offer is very small. 

Offers are one thing and actually signing is another. I read an article recently where Minnesota offered 300 kids in a recent class. Somebody is going to be scrambling at the last minute. Because the numbers don't add up. 

10 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

No, lanyard is standard. The name badge (at least at Big schools says official or unofficial most time).  I'm just of the belief because it's happened to too many of my kids. They have 1/2 smaller D1 offers chase a big one never get it class fills up, or coaches move in bc they didn't show interest and now you got jack ____.  Appreciate the opportunities you have.  You get to be one of 2 % of ALL HS football players to play D1 and get school free.  

Play it safe, you're saying.   I understand that, for sure.
But then you get the kids who commit for the offer, then get a different offer from a "higher-up" school and flip... which melts this place down.
I personally like the idea that targets we're after think they can play on the biggest of stages.  I want kids who have chips on their shoulders because they thought Alabama should have been knocking down their door, but realized UNT is the right place for them when that offer didn't come.  
So, if Mr. Neal thinks OSU is where he belongs, let him keep trying for that offer.  He likely knows he has to prove it on the field this year, and it will push him to be a better player.  If that offer doesn't come, I like our chances (unless he gets a Tech or Tulsa offer).  Lawton is close enough for family to come in on gamedays, but far enough away for Dominick to have some freedom.

• Upvote 1

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

Play it safe, you're saying.   I understand that, for sure.
But then you get the kids who commit for the offer, then get a different offer from a "higher-up" school and flip... which melts this place down.
I personally like the idea that targets we're after think they can play on the biggest of stages.  I want kids who have chips on their shoulders because they thought Alabama should have been knocking down their door, but realized UNT is the right place for them when that offer didn't come.  
So, if Mr. Neal thinks OSU is where he belongs, let him keep trying for that offer.  He likely knows he has to prove it on the field this year, and it will push him to be a better player.  If that offer doesn't come, I like our chances (unless he gets a Tech or Tulsa offer).  Lawton is close enough for family to come in on gamedays, but far enough away for Dominick to have some freedom.

True.  I am personally a ok if a kid commits to a small school adds 5-6 P5 offers throughout the year and changes his mind.  For everyone one kid who does that there's 10 who get played as bad if not worse.   

At least if he commits to us or Ark st he's got a "spot" in the class.  Guess I've seen to much of the dirty part of recruiting from other side to care if a kid commits/ decommits when a better situation (or so they think) presents itself.  If I'm a CUSA coach I'm selling the mess out of the fact that 3 CUSA WR were drafted in the draft and 9 total players just 5 less than the big 12 because the kids played for 3/4 years and got all sorts of experience.  

IMG_0322.PNG

IMG_0323.PNG

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, MeanGreen13 said:

How many of those guys do you think we will keep recruiting?

Plenty of them, most of them were multiple offer guys out of HS if they get grades right that may turn to P5 offers

• Lovely Take 1