IPF is happening

Wag Tag

1 hour ago, Wag Tag said:

Told they want to be finished by next fall. That might be a stretch, but seeing construction start would be great.

The key is getting all the big money lined up in order to start construction. Wren Baker said at the Coaches' Caravan that he was still waiting on some big donors before he wanted to release renderings of the IPF. If they plan to do that in September, they must be really close.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

In Wren's letter to Mean Green Club members (it was posted as well in GMG.com) it was mentioned that the "quiet phase" of fundraising has been on-going and the public phase will begin soon.  Get those checkbooks ready boys and girls.  I am guessing that the "quiet phase" money will get it past groundbreaking and construction commencing.  Public phase will fill in the "nice to have but not mandatory" items.  Should be fun to watch this thing being built.  Just another concrete indication that UNT finally has support at the highest levels of the administration and that athletics at UNT are important.  So great to see! 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, KRAM1 said:

I really don't recall...sorry.

All good, i just saw a design of it while in the MGC office (just saw it a few days to a week ago)

1 hour ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

The plan I saw didn't have s spot for seating.  I guess there can only be one Star. Still very cool.  

Did the plan/design you see have Mean Green written on the side? I feel like a kid asking people if they saw the same thing so im not crazy :(

• Downvote 1

6 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

All good, i just saw a design of it while in the MGC office (just saw it a few days to a week ago)

Did the plan/design you see have Mean Green written on the side? I feel like a kid asking people if they saw the same thing so im not crazy :(

I don't remember seeing a pic of the side.  Sorry. 

5 hours ago, UNT Mean Green said:

Was it this one?

IMG_0223.PNG

Would prefer North Texas, but that is a great looking facility.  Will this be placed next to Bonnie Brae or over the field directly south of the Athletic Center?  Also, any updates on when the city plans to widen and repair Bonnie Brae?

To answer my last question, I would assume it is planned after the completion of this facility and during the middle of football season.

8 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Would prefer North Texas, but that is a great looking facility.  Will this be placed next to Bonnie Brae or over the field directly south of the Athletic Center?  Also, any updates on when the city plans to widen and repair Bonnie Brae?

To answer my last question, I would assume it is planned after the completion of this facility and during the middle of football season.

Tomorrow?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

It seems like University has been under construction for more than two years now. It's taken forever. I'd expect the expansion of Bonnie Brae to take a similar amount of time whenever they get around to it.

I found this article on the Denton Record Chronicle that has an estimated 2023 completion "date".

5 hours ago, UNT Mean Green said:

Was it this one?

IMG_0223.PNG

Really not a big fan of the peach colored brick or whatever it is, but I understand we've already committed to this design with Apogee and most other building on campus. Just wish it looked a little more modern and les 1970's color scheme. I realize I'm crying over a wrinkled $100 bill, but just my .02.

Edited by cdizzle86
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, UNT Mean Green said:

Was it this one?

IMG_0223.PNG

Yep, 

Also, here is a random question.. The fields are a a fair distance away from the windmills (or whatever you wanna call them).... Could the practice fields be moved closer to them or does it have to be a certain distance away for safety, or other reason?

• Downvote 1

TBH, when they said that this facility would be connected to the existing building, I was expecting them to be connected by more than a concrete walkway.  I guess I was expecting that there would be some sort of enclosure that connected the two buildings, or that the new building would be more of an extension of the old.  Still, it looks pretty cool and will be great once it is completed.  I can't imagine construction costs are going to go down anytime soon so the cost of the project is probably climbing every day that passes.

Edited by TreeFiddy

8 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Yep, 

Also, here is a random question.. The fields are a a fair distance away from the windmills (or whatever you wanna call them).... Could the practice fields be moved closer to them or does it have to be a certain distance away for safety, or other reason?

Other than all sorts of grading that has to take place to "move" one of the fields plus the fencing all around the two fields ...