IPF is happening

Wag Tag

2 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

It was also mentioned, during this project that they wanted to move the scoreboard to open up the patios. They are considering a scoreboards in every corner as a possibility. I never understood the scoreboard location.

cue @FirefightnRick...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Thats good to hear, but its still just a design on a piece a paper till they break ground on it (not to be a Negative Nancy).. Look at the Soccer/Track Stadium or even the new dorm by Kerr (they broke ground on it months ago and blocked off a couple hundred parking spots) and still nothing...

The IPF hopefully is completely planned out and ready to roll once it is announced for them to start on it ASAP. Make UNT Sports Great Again 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Thats good to hear, but its still just a design on a piece a paper till they break ground on it (not to be a Negative Nancy).. Look at the Soccer/Track Stadium or even the new dorm by Kerr (they broke ground on it months ago and blocked off a couple hundred parking spots) and still nothing...

The IPF hopefully is completely planned out and ready to roll once it is announced for them to start on it ASAP. Make UNT Sports Great Again 

Progress is progress. I would love to have it built in a year, but I would also like to have it built to be the nicest possible for the longest time possible.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Progress is progress. I would love to have it built in a year, but I would also like to have it built to be the nicest possible for the longest time possible.

True about progress is progress, but they need to build it right and have it be something that they do not need to update in just a few years... when its built make it leaps and bounds ahead of everyone else so they have to catch up and UNT can focus on other things or keep making these adjustments... 

We just have to hope that we don't run into problems like the Soccer/Track stadium did. The IPF will be critical to the future of UNT. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I was told today that UNT has 2 large $ commits for the IPF. That gives them about 2/3's of what they need and they have 2 more strong possibilities they should hear from shortly. It will be a rounded roof line and they are shooting for a finish date of next fall. They hope to have the donors set up shortly and announce maybe by September. This is just for the IPF! GMG

• Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

I was told today that UNT has 2 large $ commits for the IPF. That gives them about 2/3's of what they need and they have 2 more strong possibilities they should hear from shortly. It will be a rounded roof line and they are shooting for a finish date of next fall. They hope to have the donors set up shortly and announce maybe by September. This is just for the IPF! GMG

Good to hear, and hope that they can do it even sooner... would be nice to do a pre-season announcement party for it.

With it finishing next fall (ideally), any idea on when they would start on it? I'm guessing they would wait until after the season is done?

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Good to hear, and hope that they can do it even sooner... would be nice to do a pre-season announcement party for it.

With it finishing next fall (ideally), any idea on when they would start on it? I'm guessing they would wait until after the season is done?

It would be nice to see some dirt moving this fall while the Apogee parking lot is full of people to see it happening.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

It would be nice to see some dirt moving this fall while the Apogee parking lot is full of people to see it happening.

I get your point but I am not sure that during the season would be the best time for construction.  A big color sign that says "future home of Mean Green IPF" would be neat though.

I figured since it it going to be attached to the current structure that they would have figured out a way to classify it as a remodel or renovation of Apogee and be able to skip the new construction fundraising route.  Something similar to home improvement loan using the equity in your house as the source of funds.

• Lovely Take 1

3 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

I figured since it it going to be attached to the current structure that they would have figured out a way to classify it as a remodel or renovation of Apogee and be able to skip the new construction fundraising route.  Something similar to home improvement loan using the equity in your house as the source of funds.

Have to fundraise half I believe. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

University is matching every dollar raised by the AD. Raise $10m they get a match! Might be better than a refi!

23 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

23 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Have to fundraise half I believe. 

Student fees don't go up because you spend more money.  It is a fixed amount and NT is already getting the maximum amount.   Any construction that is not covered by new donations will have to be covered by institution funds ( shorthand for student tuition).  

All this planned construction can backfire quickly if it significantly increases debt and debt service costs.  

9 minutes ago, Salsa_Verde said:

I wonder if the construction on I-35 will have any impact on the the construction of the IPF. As it is right now it's kind of a cluster f*** in that area already. 

35 construction is *supposed* to be complete this summer. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Student fees don't go up because you spend more money.  It is a fixed amount and NT is already getting the maximum amount.   Any construction that is not covered by new donations will have to be covered by institution funds ( shorthand for student tuition).  

All this planned construction can backfire quickly if it significantly increases debt and debt service costs.  

Since when did North Texas approve the maximum student fee?

10 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Since when did North Texas approve the maximum student fee?

Maximum refers to amount NT can currently draw, not the state maximum.   There is some question if even the BOR can raise it from the current amount.  Even if they can they are limited to a small incremental increase.   

Frankly, I am not in favor of even attempting to raise this fee.  It is easy to spend someone else's money.   I would wait until it can be demonstrated that NT is definitely getting better with a lot more wins in the major sports.  

• Downvote 1

11 hours ago, GMG24 said:

THANK GOD OUR AD IS AT LEAST IN TOUCH WITH 21st CENTURY TECHNOLOGY!!! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

I guess he doesn't realize we've all been patient for x years. Everyone has told us to be patient. It's a bit old. I don't care about plans or announcements. As Rod Tidwell says: Show me the money.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

It appears that TheWren is hinting toward a "throwback/unisex", circa France 1745-look for the uniforms. He is teasing by channeling Dr. Who sneaking a peek over the garden wall at Madame de Pompadour. :)

mdp-francois-boucher.jpg This look will come as a shock to the guys!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Girl_in_the_Fireplace

Edited by EagleMBA