Sign in to follow this  
Wag Tag

IPF is happening

Recommended Posts

As did I.   At least fund raising requests or something when I bought my season ticket.   But nothing,  radio silence, crickets... you would think that something as big as an IPF would have garnered some attention.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, hickoryhouse said:

As did I.   At least fund raising requests or something when I bought my season ticket.   But nothing,  radio silence, crickets... you would think that something as big as an IPF would have garnered some attention.

My sources indicate it will be handled much like the stadium was.  UNT System maintains a 100+ million line of capital credit.  They will allocate the 15+ million for the IPF and then build a capital campaign around it.  My sense is they already have some big donors ready to write big checks.  There is also the issue of naming rights which should garner a fair amount of dollars.

i can't emphasize enough the advantage this facility can offer our recruiting story especially when you tie it to the stadium, Athletic center, academic support etc all being in the same place.  It will offer us one of the most impressive facility packages in the southwest and certainly CUSA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

Does anyone have an update on this project? I expected to hear something at the Spring Game.

They have most of the money needed for the University to match. I saw 2 possible specs for the IPF. One,a dome type which is the most expensive. The other is an apex type roof. Both looked good. The IPF will be built where the closest practic field is right now which will allow a build out of the existing building to meet up with it. The 2nd outdoor practice field will be modified for 1 full field and 2 partial fields. 

Tue soccer/to ack will be build out past the tennis courts. Nice drawing for that as well. They are going to update the tennis facility as well with a few covered/indoor courts. 

 

I am am not even going to talk about the new basketball arena they showed me. Up on the hill passing the tailgating where the hotel used to be. 7,500 seats. They is a discussion for another time. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

They have most of the money needed for the University to match. I saw 2 possible specs for the IPF. One,a dome type which is the most expensive. The other is an apex type roof. Both looked good. The IPF will be built where the closest practic field is right now which will allow a build out of the existing building to meet up with it. The 2nd outdoor practice field will be modified for 1 full field and 2 partial fields. 

Tue soccer/to ack will be build out past the tennis courts. Nice drawing for that as well. They are going to update the tennis facility as well with a few covered/indoor courts. 

 

I am am not even going to talk about the new basketball arena they showed me. Up on the hill passing the tailgating where the hotel used to be. 7,500 seats. They is a discussion for another time. 

Tease.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harry said:

My sources indicate it will be handled much like the stadium was.  UNT System maintains a 100+ million line of capital credit.  They will allocate the 15+ million for the IPF and then build a capital campaign around it.  My sense is they already have some big donors ready to write big checks.  There is also the issue of naming rights which should garner a fair amount of dollars.

i can't emphasize enough the advantage this facility can offer our recruiting story especially when you tie it to the stadium, Athletic center, academic support etc all being in the same place.  It will offer us one of the most impressive facility packages in the southwest and certainly CUSA.

I was able to visit some of our current athletic facilities and I was surprised all sports use the same weight room and trainer , rehab area! Scheduling has to be a nightmare! Very excited about the new facilities! It will be awesome and visually very impressive! So nice to have land!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

I was able to visit some of our current athletic facilities and I was surprised all sports use the same weight room and trainer , rehab area! Scheduling has to be a nightmare! Very excited about the new facilities! It will be awesome and visually very impressive! So nice to have land!

Yes, our weight room was the size of UofH strength coaching staffs offices.  Way to small, can't wait to see what they do with that aspect.  

5 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

They have most of the money needed for the University to match. I saw 2 possible specs for the IPF. One,a dome type which is the most expensive. The other is an apex type roof. Both looked good. The IPF will be built where the closest practic field is right now which will allow a build out of the existing building to meet up with it. The 2nd outdoor practice field will be modified for 1 full field and 2 partial fields. 

Tue soccer/to ack will be build out past the tennis courts. Nice drawing for that as well. They are going to update the tennis facility as well with a few covered/indoor courts. 

 

I am am not even going to talk about the new basketball arena they showed me. Up on the hill passing the tailgating where the hotel used to be. 7,500 seats. They is a discussion for another time. 

Any idea how long the timeline is until the drawings for that are released?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2017 at 9:56 AM, Wag Tag said:

AD is finalizing the IPF.

1. It will be 120yd football field

2. The clear ht will not be there for kicking..to $$$

3. It will go on the second outdoor practice field that is on the backside.

4. A structure will be built to expand the current offices and facilities and the IPF will be connected. The view from the road will be amazing!

GMG

Any idea when it will be announced? I think alot of us are wondering about it.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Any idea when it will be announced? I think alot of us are wondering about it.

I'm with you! I would guess that they first want to firm up the $$ and naming rights for the IPF. IPF and practice field will be the most visiable and requiring the biggest bucks. Sooner the better! Could help give a boost to this recruiting class!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless the IPF ends up being a "cluster___k" like the new track stadium.  You know, tell recruits about the IPF, that construction will start in February, etc.,  yada, yada, yada, yada....  Then we delay construction after football signing day.

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Unless the IPF ends up being a "cluster___k" like the new track stadium.  You know, tell recruits about the IPF, that construction will start in February, etc.,  yada, yada, yada, yada....  Then we delay construction after football signing day.

Write. A. Check.

  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, UNT Mean Green said:

Write. A. Check.

Trust. Me.  I. Did. My. Part.

Did. You?

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2017 at 11:55 AM, Harry said:

game changer for us...

I agree with Harry, and am really excited about this IPF. Having said that, what we have done is level the playing field as we did with our new stadium, not get a jump on our competitors. The real good news is that after decades of playing catch up we probably have.

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

I'm with you! I would guess that they first want to firm up the $$ and naming rights for the IPF. IPF and practice field will be the most visiable and requiring the biggest bucks. Sooner the better! Could help give a boost to this recruiting class!

I would like them to announce or showcase the design, just doing that it would get more people interested and looking at the program. Also, it would probably be followed up with a few more donations as well from alumni that maybe impressed. Then later on they can announce the naming rights, which would give us a potential another chance to showcase and talk about the IPF as well. 

7 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Unless the IPF ends up being a "cluster___k" like the new track stadium.  You know, tell recruits about the IPF, that construction will start in February, etc.,  yada, yada, yada, yada....  Then we delay construction after football signing day.

I don't think that will be that it would happen like that but what is worrisome is how long its taken to announce it. But I would like to have them start on it or at least announce it before the start of fall camp. 

9 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Tomorrow.

We can wish :( 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm willing to bet that the IPF has a lot to do with delaying the Track Stadium... They mentioned a slight expansion of the athletic center to connect it to the IPF which would probably require a reorganization of the spaces inside the athletic center and a possible expansion of whatever spaces they need expanded. My vote is for the meeting rooms and weight room. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, MeanGreen13 said:

I'm willing to bet that the IPF has a lot to do with delaying the Track Stadium... They mentioned a slight expansion of the athletic center to connect it to the IPF which would probably require a reorganization of the spaces inside the athletic center and a possible expansion of whatever spaces they need expanded. My vote is for the meeting rooms and weight room. 

Their will be an additional weight room. Right now all sports share the same one which is ridiculous! They will also build an additional area for rehab and the trainers. Trying to get a local hospital involved. Our cost on the stadium was a bargain! With the current cost of construction we will need big $$$ for the IPF and the additions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Trust. Me.  I. Did. My. Part.

Did. You?

"Did" is past tense. You done? Trust me...lots of folks know of your generosity.  And, lots of folks appreciate what you did.

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Their will be an additional weight room. Right now all sports share the same one which is ridiculous! They will also build an additional area for rehab and the trainers. Trying to get a local hospital involved. Our cost on the stadium was a bargain! With the current cost of construction we will need big $$$ for the IPF and the additions!

That is good to know that they are working with the local hospital. Also, hopefully they do the same with the trainers as well, and use current students as well. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

"Did" is past tense. You done? Trust me...lots of folks know of your generosity.  And, lots of folks appreciate what you did.

Yes, I did, and now I'm done!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Trust. Me.  I. Did. My. Part.

Did. You?

Excellent. Yes, We need more like you.

6 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Yes, I did, and now I'm done!

Maybe, for now, but we need more to contribute and put their money where their mouth's are, as you claim that you have done. That Athletic Center / Weight Room / Operations expansion ain't gonna pay for itself!

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, UNT Mean Green said:

Excellent. Yes, We need more like you.

Maybe, for now, but we need more to contribute and put their money where their mouth's are, as you claim that you have done. That Athletic Center / Weight Room / Operations expansion ain't gonna pay for itself!

Retired.  Fixed income. Medicare.  Get the picture?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MeanGreen13 said:

I'm willing to bet that the IPF has a lot to do with delaying the Track Stadium... They mentioned a slight expansion of the athletic center to connect it to the IPF which would probably require a reorganization of the spaces inside the athletic center and a possible expansion of whatever spaces they need expanded. My vote is for the meeting rooms and weight room. 

It would make sense to use the existing footprint of that building, especially where those patios are to possibly enclose those and enlarge the weight room, training room, locker room, and offices. You could significantly enlarge the space footprint of that building by "enclosing" those patio areas which aren't used, and exist on all three levels. As far as connecting to IPF, you'd have to assume that's through a tunnel of sorts from the locker room. It would be nice to improve that hill of grass (weeds) in between the athletic center and the IPF / practice fields and potentially convert into a plaza of sorts.

13 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Their will be an additional weight room. Right now all sports share the same one which is ridiculous! They will also build an additional area for rehab and the trainers. Trying to get a local hospital involved. Our cost on the stadium was a bargain! With the current cost of construction we will need big $$$ for the IPF and the additions!

This is good news. We need Olympic sports weight room and a football weight room. Our current one is smaller than most 5A/6A high schools and services too many sports. Great news on the rehab area as this is how it is done at a majority of institutions. It would be nice to incorporate the academics center somehow as well. Have it all in one centralized location.

However it is done, this is going to be a significant project. Given some of the numbers of facilities that our leadership team toured in February, it would seem that the combination of the IPF and Operations expansion would cost around 50% of what the stadium did. Exciting times, now we must get people to support financially like they never have!

Edited by UNT Mean Green
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UNT Mean Green said:

It would make sense to use the existing footprint of that building, especially where those patios are to possibly enclose those and enlarge the weight room, training room, locker room, and offices. You could significantly enlarge the space footprint of that building by "enclosing" those patio areas which aren't used, and exist on all three levels. As far as connecting to IPF, you'd have to assume that's through a tunnel of sorts from the locker room. It would be nice to improve that hill of grass (weeds) in between the athletic center and the IPF / practice fields and potentially convert into a plaza of sorts.

This is good news. We need Olympic sports weight room and a football weight room. Our current one is smaller than most 5A/6A high schools and services too many sports. Great news on the rehab area as this is how it is done at a majority of institutions. It would be nice to incorporate the academics center somehow as well. Have it all in one centralized location.

However it is done, this is going to be a significant project. Given some of the numbers of facilities that our leadership team toured in February, it would seem that the combination of the IPF and Operations expansion would cost around 50% of what the stadium did. Exciting times, now we must get people to support financially like they never have!

It was also mentioned, during this project that they wanted to move the scoreboard to open up the patios. They are considering a scoreboards in every corner as a possibility. I never understood the scoreboard location.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this