Sign in to follow this  
Wag Tag

IPF is happening

Recommended Posts

What conference mates have an IPF?  I don't recall one at Utsa, Rice or UTEP?  So that does make it a game changer for us if that's true.  SMU only has plans for one I think.  La Tech I couldn't find one.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2017 at 5:59 PM, BTG_Fan1 said:

Indoor Practice Facility..

Just improved recruiting, increased donor support, among other benefits 

IMG_0150.JPG

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I understand that.  My opinion is that for the investment, the usage is very low, but it is a necessary evil to remain competitive with "the Joneses."

You wanna win? 

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mickey said:

What conference mates have an IPF?  I don't recall one at Utsa, Rice or UTEP?  So that does make it a game changer for us if that's true.  SMU only has plans for one I think.  La Tech I couldn't find one.

 

Why would UTSA need an IPF when they play in one?

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldguystudent said:

Have they said what they're going to call it?  Maybe the Dan McCarney Practice Turf that sits inside the Todd Dodge Indoor Practice Facility which rest atop the former Darrell Dickey Practice Fields? 

Gotta work RV in there somewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Gotta work RV in there somewhere. 

I've found myself getting pulled, prodded, provoked, and cajoled so hard on both sides of that issue, that it's better if I merely never mention it at all. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Why would UTSA need an IPF when they play in one?

They will probably wait for Incarnate Word to build one and just use theirs.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Why would UTSA need an IPF when they play in one?

The Alamodome is not near the school and requires going through a lot of traffic to get there.  It would be like us using an IPF in Lewisville for practice. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

Have they said what they're going to call it?  Maybe the Dan McCarney Practice Turf that sits inside the Todd Dodge Indoor Practice Facility which rest atop the former Darrell Dickey Practice Fields? 

I know naming rights are important and bring in much needed revenue to a school that really needs all the money it can get it's hands on. I wouldn't mind seeing it named the Haynes-King Indoor Practice Facility.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

I know naming rights are important and bring in much needed revenue to a school that really needs all the money it can get it's hands on. I wouldn't mind seeing it named the Haynes-King Indoor Practice Facility.

It will be named after to person or group with the  most $$$$ donation! There will be a ton of naming opportunities at all levels. The IPF will be the biggie followed by the practice field. These will all be highly visible.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

It will be named after to person or group with the  most $$$$ donation! There will be a ton of naming opportunities at all levels. The IPF will be the biggie followed by the practice field. These will all be highly visible.

I suggest we get the fund raiser started right now so that we can name it the " @THOR gets no cheesecake" indoor practice facility. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I suggest we get the fund raiser started right now so that we can name it the " @THOR gets no cheesecake" indoor practice facility. 

I vote for "UNT90 Banner Fieldhouse".  Not gonna @ him.

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I suggest we get the fund raiser started right now so that we can name it the " @THOR gets no cheesecake" indoor practice facility. 

the cheesecake was the best thing about the club...wish they sold some of that to us peasants in the cheap seats...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, GMG24 said:

You wanna win? 

Yes.  Does having an IPF equate to wins?

12 hours ago, GMG24 said:

You wanna win? 

Just glad you aren't yelling at me again. :)

 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Yes.  Does having an IPF equate to wins?

Just glad you aren't yelling at me again. :)

 

lol I think it is.  If it gains you a practice it helps win games

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Eagle-96 said:

I know naming rights are important and bring in much needed revenue to a school that really needs all the money it can get it's hands on. I wouldn't mind seeing it named the Haynes-King Indoor Practice Facility.

Greenmachine IPF at Greenmachine Stadium at The Greenmachine University. Sounds perfect!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jim McIngvale "Never on Back-Back-Backorder, Saves You Money Today!" Indoor Practice and Couch Financing Facility.

 

Mattress-Mack-TV-Shot-1.jpg

Edited by TheWestie
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess this could be overall a good thing... provided the prize tag is not completely out there and how it is financed. Could it be, that this is essentially financed via a new credit and the interest for it paid by student fee (really just speculating here). Is this thing cheap enough that it can be donor financed?  How much are we looking at? By when will it be there in actuality.

I think before these details are out, there is no really knowing if this is a good investment or not. In order to have success UNT does need to invest, but it needs to do so wisely and with enough donors engaged in a sustainable way.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, outoftown said:

I guess this could be overall a good thing... provided the prize tag is not completely out there and how it is financed. Could it be, that this is essentially financed via a new credit and the interest for it paid by student fee (really just speculating here). Is this thing cheap enough that it can be donor financed?  How much are we looking at? By when will it be there in actuality.

I think before these details are out, there is no really knowing if this is a good investment or not. In order to have success UNT does need to invest, but it needs to do so wisely and with enough donors engaged in a sustainable way.

 

I have no information on this nor do know the MO of Wren Baker when it comes to raising funds for projects.  I only know what past ADs have done at the insistence of administrations in the past.  Until you have approximately 55% or more pledged, do not go public with your proposal.  If that's the case, then there is at least one large benefactor willing to give a large portion of the cost to build the IPF.  

Hopefully, there is no thought of going to the students to raise the athletic fee to finance this.  There is no guarantee that the increase would pass and that would be disastrous should that fail.  I know that Baker and Mosley are much more adept at raising funds than our former AD so I'm hoping that a large donor (or donors) is/are willing to underwrite any shortcomings to obtain the needed capital for completion of the facility.  

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, GrayEagle said:

I have no information on this nor do know the MO of Wren Baker when it comes to raising funds for projects.  I only know what past ADs have done at the insistence of administrations in the past.  Until you have approximately 55% or more pledged, do not go public with your proposal.  If that's the case, then there is at least one large benefactor willing to give a large portion of the cost to build the IPF.  

Hopefully, there is no thought of going to the students to raise the athletic fee to finance this.  There is no guarantee that the increase would pass and that would be disastrous should that fail.  I know that Baker and Mosley are much more adept at raising funds than our former AD so I'm hoping that a large donor (or donors) is/are willing to underwrite any shortcomings to obtain the needed capital for completion of the facility.  

 

Get 50% - 55% of the project cost raised through the athletic department (via donors) and the university is likely to "match". It will take a pool of around 3-5 key donors to help kick start the campaign. Obviously, the scope of work will dictate the funds needed. IPF should be in the $15M range and the Operations Expansion/Renovation should be near that as well. Depending on fundraising, this could be a single phase or two phase campaign.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we're talking about building an indoor facility and hanging with the big boys, then it means it should be paid for like the big boys. With a big-ass gift. No student fee BS, no 50-50 matching crapola: big gift in exchange for a name. Like the "Brint Ryan Family Indoor Practice Facility". 
 

  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have an update on this project? I expected to hear something at the Spring Game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this