IPF is happening

Wag Tag

9 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I understand that.  My opinion is that for the investment, the usage is very low, but it is a necessary evil to remain competitive with "the Joneses."

You wanna win? 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

3 hours ago, Mickey said:

What conference mates have an IPF?  I don't recall one at Utsa, Rice or UTEP?  So that does make it a game changer for us if that's true.  SMU only has plans for one I think.  La Tech I couldn't find one.

Why would UTSA need an IPF when they play in one?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

Have they said what they're going to call it?  Maybe the Dan McCarney Practice Turf that sits inside the Todd Dodge Indoor Practice Facility which rest atop the former Darrell Dickey Practice Fields? 

I know naming rights are important and bring in much needed revenue to a school that really needs all the money it can get it's hands on. I wouldn't mind seeing it named the Haynes-King Indoor Practice Facility.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

I know naming rights are important and bring in much needed revenue to a school that really needs all the money it can get it's hands on. I wouldn't mind seeing it named the Haynes-King Indoor Practice Facility.

It will be named after to person or group with the  most $$$$ donation! There will be a ton of naming opportunities at all levels. The IPF will be the biggie followed by the practice field. These will all be highly visible.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

It will be named after to person or group with the  most $$$$ donation! There will be a ton of naming opportunities at all levels. The IPF will be the biggie followed by the practice field. These will all be highly visible.

I suggest we get the fund raiser started right now so that we can name it the " @THOR gets no cheesecake" indoor practice facility. 

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I suggest we get the fund raiser started right now so that we can name it the " @THOR gets no cheesecake" indoor practice facility. 

the cheesecake was the best thing about the club...wish they sold some of that to us peasants in the cheap seats...

11 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Yes.  Does having an IPF equate to wins?

Just glad you aren't yelling at me again. :)

lol I think it is.  If it gains you a practice it helps win games

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Eagle-96 said:

Greenmachine IPF at Greenmachine Stadium at The Greenmachine University. Sounds perfect!

• Upvote 1

I guess this could be overall a good thing... provided the prize tag is not completely out there and how it is financed. Could it be, that this is essentially financed via a new credit and the interest for it paid by student fee (really just speculating here). Is this thing cheap enough that it can be donor financed?  How much are we looking at? By when will it be there in actuality.

I think before these details are out, there is no really knowing if this is a good investment or not. In order to have success UNT does need to invest, but it needs to do so wisely and with enough donors engaged in a sustainable way.

1 hour ago, outoftown said:

I guess this could be overall a good thing... provided the prize tag is not completely out there and how it is financed. Could it be, that this is essentially financed via a new credit and the interest for it paid by student fee (really just speculating here). Is this thing cheap enough that it can be donor financed?  How much are we looking at? By when will it be there in actuality.

I think before these details are out, there is no really knowing if this is a good investment or not. In order to have success UNT does need to invest, but it needs to do so wisely and with enough donors engaged in a sustainable way.

I have no information on this nor do know the MO of Wren Baker when it comes to raising funds for projects.  I only know what past ADs have done at the insistence of administrations in the past.  Until you have approximately 55% or more pledged, do not go public with your proposal.  If that's the case, then there is at least one large benefactor willing to give a large portion of the cost to build the IPF.  

Hopefully, there is no thought of going to the students to raise the athletic fee to finance this.  There is no guarantee that the increase would pass and that would be disastrous should that fail.  I know that Baker and Mosley are much more adept at raising funds than our former AD so I'm hoping that a large donor (or donors) is/are willing to underwrite any shortcomings to obtain the needed capital for completion of the facility.  

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, GrayEagle said:

I have no information on this nor do know the MO of Wren Baker when it comes to raising funds for projects.  I only know what past ADs have done at the insistence of administrations in the past.  Until you have approximately 55% or more pledged, do not go public with your proposal.  If that's the case, then there is at least one large benefactor willing to give a large portion of the cost to build the IPF.  

Hopefully, there is no thought of going to the students to raise the athletic fee to finance this.  There is no guarantee that the increase would pass and that would be disastrous should that fail.  I know that Baker and Mosley are much more adept at raising funds than our former AD so I'm hoping that a large donor (or donors) is/are willing to underwrite any shortcomings to obtain the needed capital for completion of the facility.  

Get 50% - 55% of the project cost raised through the athletic department (via donors) and the university is likely to "match". It will take a pool of around 3-5 key donors to help kick start the campaign. Obviously, the scope of work will dictate the funds needed. IPF should be in the $15M range and the Operations Expansion/Renovation should be near that as well. Depending on fundraising, this could be a single phase or two phase campaign.

• Upvote 1

If we're talking about building an indoor facility and hanging with the big boys, then it means it should be paid for like the big boys. With a big-ass gift. No student fee BS, no 50-50 matching crapola: big gift in exchange for a name. Like the "Brint Ryan Family Indoor Practice Facility". 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...