Potential Transfers on Campus this week

Kelley has another two years of eligibility. I think he's ahead of Isadore, O'Hara, and Pearson if we land him.

As for Jefferson, if they offer him they had better hope he makes a big impact. Adding a senior for one year means one more spot to replace next class, and one less scholarship player we'll have on our roster in 2018 and beyond than if we used the spot on a player with multiple years of eligibility left.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Kelley has another two years of eligibility. I think he's ahead of Isadore, O'Hara, and Pearson if we land him.

As for Jefferson, if they offer him they had better hope he makes a big impact. Adding a senior for one year means one more spot to replace next class, and one less scholarship player we'll have on our roster in 2018 and beyond than if we used the spot on a player with multiple years of eligibility left.

Both would be walk ons 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

latest?cb=20120324224647

• Upvote 2

Kelley is graduating in 3 years and is the rare grad transfer with two years of eligibility. His high school team won state championship all four years and his high school coach is one of his best friends. Wes Lunt (OK State, Illinois) was QB his first and second years and the QB ahead of him his junior year plays at Eastern Illinois. Robbie was QB his senior year and played wide receiver on varsity, QB on Freshman and JV teams. In a spread offense, he played all four quarters two games (big leads after half, etc) of a 14-0 season, throwing  for 2,919 yards on 200-for-311 passing with 31 touchdowns and eight interceptions.  At Quincy, he was all academic team in his conference all three years he was there. Kelley earned second-team All-Great Lakes Valley Conference honors last fall in his first season as a starter at QU thanks to a record-breaking performance. He completed 58 percent of his passes for 2,701 yards and 23 touchdowns with just seven interceptions. Visiting Butler next week. Interest coming in from others, after news broke he is transferring to pursue an MBA.

http://www.whig.com/20170324/qus-kelley-to-transfer-to-pursue-mba#

6'1.5, 217. Strong arm. Big character guy.

GMG

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

What makes you think he would step right in and become Fine's back up?  Have you had the opportunity to see him play or review video?  Honest question as I am not sure what kind of competition he faces at Quincy. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Looks like between us and Western Michigan for Ellis services 

Makes me think that he didnt get an offer and hes going somewhere who might give him one. It would be a slam dunk for us if we had offered but I'm glad we havent as of yet.

• 2 weeks later...