DRC Monday notes -- UNT picks up walk-on, McCasland to speak tomorrow

Brett Vito

On the basketball front, new UNT men's coach Grant McCasland will speak to UNT students and fans at 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at The Syndicate inside the student union building.

UNT introduced the former Arkansas State head coach as its new head coach last week. 

Athletic director Wren Baker will also appear at the event.

I don't know how large a venue the Syndicate is, but it was smart of the athletic department to take the new coach, and his message, to a high traffic area to take his message to the student body.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Good to see coach Dodge has no hard feelings towards UNT.  Reaching out to Littrell & Co. is good for us.  Hopefully we can get some recruiting going at Westlake.

I seem to recall that it was Dodge who gave Casey Fitzgerald a chance to play, and it was Dodge (or his staff) that brought in Brelan.

So I'll go out on a limb here and say that Dodge knows a thing or two about good WR's.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Good to see coach Dodge has no hard feelings towards UNT.  Reaching out to Littrell & Co. is good for us.  Hopefully we can get some recruiting going at Westlake.

I believe it ended amicably between both parties so would be nice to open a recruiting pipeline through Coach Dodge.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, GreenMachine said:

I believe it ended amicably between both parties so would be nice to open a recruiting pipeline through Coach Dodge.

I don't know why he would have a grudge against UNT.  Given the choice, he would have fired himself far more quickly than he was actually fired.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1