NBC5 Interviews Coach McCasland

Cerebus

15 hours ago, TIgreen01 said:

Until he signs 7 JUCOs and signals the world that he's staying just 1 year.  Ask ASU....

I think with his family here and the prospect of Baylor looking for a new coach nowhere in sight, if he is only here 1 or 2 years then we will be A-OK with him leaving, because that will mean he will have us winning games in the NCAA Tournament.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

I think with his family here and the prospect of Baylor looking for a new coach nowhere in sight, if he is only here 1 or 2 years then we will be A-OK with him leaving, because that will mean he will have us winning games in the NCAA Tournament.

Umm Scott Drew wants out of Baylor and could end up being targeted by Indiana. His roots are in Indiana. So Baylor could be looking for a coach sooner than you think.

I dont think McCasland would jump to Baylor this year, but you never know. Baylor could go after him or someone like Scott Cross

Edited by Mean_Green09

2 hours ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

Plus, we have an AD that has deep ties in the basketball community when/if we need to replace McCasland.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mean_Green09 said:

Umm Scott Drew wants out of Baylor and could end up being targeted by Indiana. His roots are in Indiana. So Baylor could be looking for a coach sooner than you think.

I dont think McCasland would jump to Baylor this year, but you never know. Baylor could go after him or someone like Scott Cross

Since Indiana is making a hire this year, even if Drew takes the job, I'd be real surprised to see Baylor come after GM on the heels of a Sweet 16 run at least.  So we would be talking a min of 3 years before either job opens up again.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

Baylor is big time program now.  McCasland is going to have to put several great years together to get their attention.   

An aside has NT ever hired a football or men's basketball coach that speculation didn't begin as soon as they are announced of how they are going to be hired away?

Never ever.   Remember last year when Littrell just stepped off the plane, but coach Bro was going to be canned at Tech so we were going to lose Littrell before he even coached a single game at UNT?