SMU ousted

Marty

I only watch the first round closely, because I love the Cinderellas.     So far, this is the most upset-free tournament I can ever remember.

MT was the only semi-major upset.  And, that is debatable as to even being an upset.

The games have been pretty close and interesting though.

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, akriesman said:

I only watch the first round closely, because I love the Cinderellas.     So far, this is the most upset-free tournament I can ever remember.

MT was the only semi-major upset.  And, that is debatable as to even being an upset.

I don't consider Middle Tennessee an upset. The selection committee screwed Minnesota with making a MTSU a 12-seed.

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Well this busts one of my four brackets but it feels so good to see SMU lose. 

Yeah, Peruna didn't take the loss too well...

200.gif#38  200.gif#1

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, MCMLXXX said:

Dale Hanson has been pushing the Ponies and Jankovich all year. At the same time he covered the McCasland hire as if it was an obligation and was totally dismissive, then he whined about Middle Tennessee busting his bracket and seemed shocked. Just one more reason for me to be happy about this loss.

I think Dale has always felt guilty about helping to get SMU what they deserved years ago

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, akriesman said:

Xavier, 11 seed, won over maryland

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

48 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

SMU looked pretty solid to me, with more than 7 ship athletes they might have gone a long way.   NT has pretty big hill to climb to just get competitive with the other three metroplex teams.   

I'm just as excited as everybody else about the hiring of McCasland, but not so optimistic about competing with the other programs. The last 5 years really set us back.

• Upvote 1

I like how Pete Carroll chimed in with a Fight On salute....so says the coach who left a trail of death, destruction and dead bodies in the side of the road after he left.  

Hate that FGCU played FSU first round.  The eagles are fun fun fun to watch and could have beaten many others. 

GMG

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

This is already a great tournament

This was a really good game and a really good last few minutes.  Could have gone either way but I'm not sad at all that SMU lost. 

I'm sure Jankovich knows he needed a deep run to secure his job for next year.  I wouldn't be surprised of SMU fired him and hired a more proven coach.  He doesn't have the resume to survive many ones and done.