Lance Dunbar, 1 year deal with Rams

Aldo

39 minutes ago, GreenMachine said:

True. I know he suffered several knee injuries but when he was healthy, they didn't use him as a 3rd down back like they said they were. He can pick up a blitz and is effective catching out of the backfield or slot.

McVay used Chris Thompson quite a bit last year in Washington

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, CMJ said:

Maybe I'll be able to see him play.

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

Nice salary for one year.  

Maybe @CMJ can rent him a room in exchange for tickets so Lance can bank the money for his after-football future. :Bazinga:

Edited by Stix
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Not a Rams fan, but a Dunbar fan, so I guess I will now start following the Yellow and Blue.

I just checked the schedule and the Rams will be coming to Arlington this fall. It would be nice to see Lance have a great game! I've always thought he would have done much more for the Cowboys if they would have just gotten the ball to him a few more times per game.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

$3 million doesn't get very far in L.A.  After taxes, looking at about $1.9 million.  Here's a good 2/2 with just under 1700 s.f. for $1.2 million he could buy:  https://www.trulia.com/property/3261133627-3384-Manning-Ct-Los-Angeles-CA-90064

Better find some friends on the Rams to room with for the season and save what's left after taxes.  Then, next offseason, sign with a Midwestern or Southern team in a city where your dollar stretches a little farther.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 11

29 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

I just checked the schedule and the Rams will be coming to Arlington this fall. It would be nice to see Lance have a great game! I've always thought he would have done much more for the Cowboys if they would have just gotten the ball to him a few more times per game.

I agree.  I always felt he was under utilized by the Cowboys

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

$3 million doesn't get very far in L.A.  After taxes, looking at about $1.9 million.  Here's a good 2/2 with just under 1700 s.f. for $1.2 million he could buy:  https://www.trulia.com/property/3261133627-3384-Manning-Ct-Los-Angeles-CA-90064

Better find some friends on the Rams to room with for the season and save what's left after taxes.  Then, next offseason, sign with a Midwestern or Southern team in a city where your dollar stretches a little farther.

What an idiot. He'll never get to live his lifelong dream of deeply investing in California property while living there for potentially less than 11 months now. 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

The problem with Dunbar with the Cowboys this last year was that they would use him on third down and 3+ to go only, and then he would have to stay home and block because teams would blitz when he was back there instead of Zeke (because Zeke is a monster in pass pro and that isn't Lance's strength). It really limited the number of times he could go out on a route.

I think he will thrive with the Rams, though. Could be a monster year for him. I hope some Rams games will be on here so I can watch him tear it up!

On 3/16/2017 at 2:02 PM, MeanGreenMailbox said:

I am sure you are joking but, if not I am sure he will get an apartment.  Save a ton of money, and be richer than anyone. 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, GMG24 said:

I am sure you are joking but, if not I am sure he will get an apartment.  Save a ton of money, and be richer than anyone. 

Only half joking.  People look at contract numbers and forget that there are details, namely performance standards that usually have to be met, in order to get the amount that is always listed in the news.  

Then, there are federal taxes.  And, in California, heavy state taxes for "the rich."  Cost of living standards are ridiculously out of whack with Louisiana and Texas, the two states Dunbar has lived in his entire life. 

So, no, whether he buys a house or not, $3 million doesn't go far in California.  Hopefully, he has a great year and is able to come back to the South or Midwest and get a multi-year deal. 

Shelf life of football players is not long, and running backs are more and more expendable these days.  No one is chomping at the bit to sign Adrian Peterson even.  A one year deal in L.A. is not great or life-changing.  He needs an injury-free year with great play and stats to get a life-changing contract. 

We know a couple that has a house here in Frisco with about 3,500 square feet, and they bought it for just under $400,000.  The husband is one of the IT folk for Toyota that have already relocated ahead of the opening of the Toyota North American headquarters.  In California, he, his wife, and three daughters couldn't afford a house in California.  They were renting an 800 square foot 2/2 for over $2,500 a month. 

California is garbage.  Hope Dunbar has a great year, then comes back.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

Only half joking.  People look at contract numbers and forget that there are details, namely performance standards that usually have to be met, in order to get the amount that is always listed in the news.  

Then, there are federal taxes.  And, in California, heavy state taxes for "the rich."  Cost of living standards are ridiculously out of whack with Louisiana and Texas, the two states Dunbar has lived in his entire life. 

So, no, whether he buys a house or not, $3 million doesn't go far in California.  Hopefully, he has a great year and is able to come back to the South or Midwest and get a multi-year deal. 

Shelf life of football players is not long, and running backs are more and more expendable these days.  No one is chomping at the bit to sign Adrian Peterson even.  A one year deal in L.A. is not great or life-changing.  He needs an injury-free year with great play and stats to get a life-changing contract. 

We know a couple that has a house here in Frisco with about 3,500 square feet, and they bought it for just under $400,000.  The husband is one of the IT folk for Toyota that have already relocated ahead of the opening of the Toyota North American headquarters.  In California, he, his wife, and three daughters couldn't afford a house in California.  They were renting an 800 square foot 2/2 for over $2,500 a month. 

California is garbage.  Hope Dunbar has a great year, then comes back.

Yeah... Even if he comes home with 800 K that is pretty life changing, especially for someone who was a refugee of a Hurricane whose family lost everything.  Now, if he does not spend it wisely then yeah that won't last long.