What about McCaslands Staff?

DeepGreen

15 hours ago, GreenMachine said:

Too much ice, not enough ice. Popcorn too salty, not enough salt. Cheerleaders too pretty, don't show enough, show too much. We didn't win by enough points, we won by too many points. Even if a certain person comes back, they chose not to be happy anyway.

The wrinkled $100 bill paradox, which I believe is mentioned in the legendary missing stanza of "Glory to the Green".

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Hodge headed to UNT

If he ends up here in the Fall, that if very excellent news IMO.

If McCasland brings his entire staff then that makes his hire all that much better, especially if the assistants bring along their recent recruits and their pipeline of recruits.  Will be interesting to see how it shakes out and whether or not any of the recruits come along with the staff and whether or not the staff is able to keep the keep players already in Denton/signed.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Arkstfan said:

Has Jareem Dowling been mentioned at UNT?
He recruited the 6'10" Russian we signed.

I don't think anyone has mentioned him.

We've been trying to make sure to contact all the potential recruits from Duncanville. I don't think we've had a coach assigned to Pretropavlosk yet. 

9 hours ago, Arkstfan said:

Hodge wasn't short list at AState.

Do you think it was more "he's not right" or "he's too tied to the old guy?" Of course the second could be a reason not to be right. 

1 hour ago, VideoEagle said:

We've been trying to make sure to contact all the potential recruits from Duncanville. I don't think we've had a coach assigned to Pretropavlosk yet. 

Do you think it was more "he's not right" or "he's too tied to the old guy?" Of course the second could be a reason not to be right. 

Dowling, along with all other assistants are rumored to be joining McCasland in Denton. 

1 hour ago, TreeFiddy said:

Dowling, along with all other assistants are rumored to be joining McCasland in Denton. 

Whatever McCasland wants, however I assume NT has a bigger assistant budget.    It is his chance to upgrade the staff from what he had at ASU.   I just don't believe that all of his ASU assistants are the best he can hire.   

9 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Whatever McCasland wants, however I assume NT has a bigger assistant budget.    It is his chance to upgrade the staff from what he had at ASU.   I just don't believe that all of his ASU assistants are the best he can hire.   

If it means a 9-game improvement in the win column in their first season here (like they did in Jonesboro), then bring them all.  Bring the A-State-branded basketballs you practiced with.  Bring the buffer used on the A-State basketball court... whatever it takes. 

If these guys can help McCasland win more than double the number of games Benford won last year, bring them all.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

That may be true. There is also the position that the staff chemistry is right, at this time, so why break up the band. If McCasland has any weak sisters, I bet he knows who they are. My opinion is that if it ain't broke, don't "fix" it...unintended consequences and all that. JMO.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, VideoEagle said:

Balado was in the final group last year but the NCAA cloud was over Louisville. He was only there 8 months of the time of the assistant who got in trouble so with a clean bill of health from the NCAA go with the guy you liked a lot last year

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Balado has a nice resume, except for HC experience.  Hope he is better than the career assistant that UNT hired.  ASU should be fine.  Balado is the 30th Pitino assistant that has been hired as a head coach.  There were a number of former Pitino assistants coaching teams in the tournament this year.

8 minutes ago, Arkstfan said:

Anyone know when contracts for Benford's staff expire? Might explain the delay. AState has done its assistant contracts so that if the head coach leaves the assistant contracts expire at the end of that pay period. All of his guys are unemployed on Friday. 

I saw an email from UNT Athletics, quoted below:

"McCasland should have his coaching staff cleared to be announced on meangreensports.com in the next couple of days. In the next couple of weeks, coach McCasland will be hitting the recruiting trail as basketball signing day will begin on April 12, 2017." 

1 hour ago, Arkstfan said:

Anyone know when contracts for Benford's staff expire? Might explain the delay. AState has done its assistant contracts so that if the head coach leaves the assistant contracts expire at the end of that pay period. All of his guys are unemployed on Friday. 

Pretty certain there were discussions previously on here that indicated Benford's contract runs through end of March.

11 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

Pretty certain there were discussions previously on here that indicated Benford's contract runs through end of March.

Presumably staff is on a similar timeline. Slow announcements likely designed to avoid paying two staffs any longer than needed. 

We are expecting Balado to name his staff Friday or Monday when McCasland's staff goes off payroll. Know for certain one is already picked but not named.