Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DeepGreen

What about McCaslands Staff?

48 posts in this topic

What happens to Evans, Anwar, and O'Dowd?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would assume they will be looking for a new place of employment.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I would assume they will be looking for a new place of employment.

Yeah absolutely 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They said on the road station that they are most likely gone, and the AD as well said that he wanted to interview other people. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

What happens to Evans, Anwar, and O'Dowd?

Gone.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be very rare for a new HC to retain anybody from the old staff.   Sometimes one of the operations people will be retained for some type of continuity, but not the assistant coaches. 

Look for members of his ASU coaching staff to make the move with him.   Probably not all, but one or two.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MCMLXXX said:

Hire Scott Cross as Associate Head Coach and that should get UNT90 to renew his tickets.

I didn't know we were speaking the name of "who's name shall never be spoken"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

I didn't know we were speaking the name of "who's name shall never be spoken"

Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Mentions McCasland's assistant coaches.  If the report is true, it would make the hire all that much sweeter.  

https://hoopdirt.com/daily-dirt-31617/

It has been great with the new HC we have hired. Also just as encouraging is the Assistants they have hired with the expanded budget. GNMG  GO the NEW MEAN GREEN

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Mentions McCasland's assistant coaches.  If the report is true, it would make the hire all that much sweeter.  

https://hoopdirt.com/daily-dirt-31617/

200w.gif#56

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Brett's article points out, Hodge may be in play at more places than just ASU, so we still have a ways to go before we know if he will actually be here in the Fall.  However, what may happen in the short term is the appearance that Hodge is coming here so the Spring recruiting cycle can be completed and if he ends up getting a HC job then he will leave at that point.

There are a couple of guys that GM was recruiting/signed at ASU that would be nice to get.  Once is Roosevelt Smart who verbally committed to ASU, but has already announced he is reopening his recruitment.  The other is a Russian that signed in the Fall, but could redshirt if needed.  GM and staff were also in on several Juco guys that they might still need depending on the status of guys currently on our roster.  There is no doubt there will be some turnover on our roster, just hope it doesn't involve any of the core guys.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One place I have seen mentioned in connection with Hodge is Austin Peay. He would have to want a HC gig pretty bad to stand on the sideline and have a crowd behind him chanting "GO PEAY!!, GO PEAY!!".

Plus, his asst. compensation here might be just as good. They probably pay peaynuts there.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, EagleMBA said:

One place I have seen mentioned in connection with Hodge is Austin Peay. He would have to want a HC gig pretty bad to stand on the sideline and have a crowd behind him chanting "GO PEAY!!, GO PEAY!!".

Plus, his asst. compensation here might be just as good. They probably pay peaynuts there.

Sounds like Hodge is also still in play at ASU.  I am afraid we better prepare for the high likelihood that Hodge does not make the trip, which is too bad because he seems like the real deal.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TreeFiddy said:

Sounds like Hodge is also still in play at ASU.  I am afraid we better prepare for the high likelihood that Hodge does not make the trip, which is too bad because he seems like the real deal.

If Hodge's goal is to become a D1 Head Coach, taking the ASU job would be great for him. He already helped turn the team around. I wonder if the comment on the REdWolf board by @Arkstfan turns out to be correct at GM is pressuring ASU to make a decision earlier than they would like. Either way, it helps Hodge. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really hope we can land Hodge.  Will depend on whether or not ASU offers him HC it appears.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Harry said:

Really hope we can land Hodge.  Will depend on whether or not ASU offers him HC it appears.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

 

If that turns out to be true, then that's a grand slam hire I never would have thought (as evidenced here) a mid-major school could pull off or afford. Moton has somewhere around 2+ million in guaranteed money left on his deal because of the length, and I didn't think even we could pull together the resources to hire him away. 

If Arkansas State actually lures him away, then they arguably just replaced their coach with an even better one, and we probably subsidized it for them. 

EDIT to add: There are rumors that he might be a shortlist candidate for NC State. Moton is a phenomenal coach, with 25+ wins three times at a HBCU school and conference. NC Central has only been a D1 school for 6 years, all of them under Moton. Only one losing season, 3 regular season championships, 2 tournament championships, 4 of those 6 years were 22 or more wins. AT AN HBCU. If Arkansas State can land him, they will be in great shape. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheTastyGreek said:

If Arkansas State actually lures him away, then they arguably just replaced their coach with an even better one, and we probably subsidized it for them. 

Sir, with all due respect, I beg to differ. I prefer GM.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LeVelle_Moton

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EagleMBA said:

Sir, with all due respect, I beg to differ. I prefer GM.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LeVelle_Moton

 

Disagree and be wrong. It's a free country. 

Also, note the inclusion of the word "arguably". You can't beg to differ, you just affirmed the sentiment. 

Come at me, bro. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheTastyGreek said:

Disagree and be wrong. It's a free country. 

On this we can agree, sir! It is Friday night and I need a cold Shiner. No argument to ensue.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0