Grant McCasland is New UNT Basketball Coach

5 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

This, and it is much appreciated.

Then you aren't paying attention.  UNT has very good academic programs across the board.

UNT has good academic programs.  They are not "prestigious".   I am not casting aspersions upon the school just pointing out his hyperbolic word choice.  

Edited by HoustonEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

On 3/13/2017 at 6:59 PM, Arkstfan said:

Oh get real. Every coach says the new gig is his dream job. He will never repeat that.

You are low.

Significantly low.

You're a sore loser. We took your HC And you can't handle that. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 6

1 hour ago, HoustonEagle said:

UNT has good academic programs.  They are not "prestigious".   I am not casting aspersions upon the school just pointing out his hyperbolic word choice.  

You are right, there is a llt of good here, some even ranked as tops in the nation and world...might call those prestigious.  Not trying to argue, but don't downgrade UNT's achievements.

https://www.unt.edu/rankings

On 3/13/2017 at 6:59 PM, Arkstfan said:

Oh get real. Every coach says the new gig is his dream job. He will never repeat that.

You are low.

Significantly low.

I have always appreciated your insights, but jumping on here after we hire your head coach is asking for some comebacks, especially when you bad mouth our program.  Did you expect us to just go, "Yep, you're right, we suck?"

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

12 hours ago, HoustonEagle said:

Of the top of my head: the military studies  program in history is the best west of the Mississippi and one of the best in the nation.

Logistics is considered one of the best in the nation.  Forensic studies is the best in the state.  Psychology is one of the most productive in the state.  We had the first, and still one of the best game programming concentrations in computer science.

I went even go into the school of music in though several programs are nationally dominant.

Every school has programs that are stronger than others.  Nt's top programs can stand with anyone in the state or nation.

The weaker  programs,  just like at every school, need to work to improve.

Impressive, some might say prestigious, list:

Academic Bests

• Environmental philosophy program recognized as the best in the world by the International Association for Environmental Philosophy
  • Online criminal justice program ranked 1st in the nation for affordability by Collegechoice.net
  • Technical communication program ranked 3rd in the nation by Study.com.
  • One of the nation’s best music colleges, with areas of international distinction from early music to jazz; ranked 16th in the world by The Hollywood Reporter
  • Digital library ranked 11th in North America and 24th in the world for top repositories by Cybermetrics Lab
  • Logistics and supply chain management program ranked 6th in North America by Gartner Inc.
  • Graduate logistics and supply chain management program ranked 24th in North America by Gartner Inc.
  • Logistics and supply chain management program ranked 3rd in the nation by Software Advice
  • Logistics and supply chain management program ranked 3rd in the nation by Inbound Logistics magazine
  • Jazz studies program ranked 3rd in the nation by Best-Music-Colleges.com
  • Counseling program ranked 4th in the nation by Best-Education-Schools.com
  • Ranked 4th in the nation for best annual return on investment value for computer science degrees by PayScale.com
  • Medical librarianship graduate program ranked 1st in Texas and 6th in the nation by U.S. News & World Report
  • Sociology program ranked 1st in Texas, 1st in the South and 7th in the nation by Sociology-Schools.com
  • Merchandising program ranked 7th in the nation by CampusExplorer.com
  • Radio, TV, film (media arts) program ranked 7th in the nation by Journalism-Schools.com
  • Graduate business program (M.B.A.) in management ranked 7th in the nation by Human Resources MBA
  • General fine arts program ranked 7th in the nation by Best-Art-Colleges.com
  • History program ranked 8th in the nation by GraduatePrograms.com
  • Online M.B.A. with marketing concentration ranked 8th in the nation by GoGrad.org
  • School library media graduate program ranked 1st in Texas and 8th in the nation by U.S. News & World Report
  • Counseling program ranked 10th in nation by GraduatePrograms.com
  • Merchandising program ranked 10th in the nation by Fashion-Schools.org
  • Online M.B.A. ranked 11th in the nation as a best buy among distance programs by GetEducated.com
  • Graduate accounting program ranked 12th in the nation as most affordable by Accounting Degree Review
  • Online master’s program in library and information studies ranked 12th in the nation by TheBestSchools.org
  • Online graduate business program (M.B.A.) ranked 13th in the nation for veterans by U.S. News & World Report
  • Public administration (city management/urban policy) master’s program ranked 1st in Texas and 13th in the nation by U.S. News & World Report
  • Graduate rehabilitation counseling program ranked 1st in Texas and 15th in the nation by U.S. News & World Report
  • Online graduate business program (M.B.A.) ranked 16th in the nation by TopManagementDegrees.com
  • Online graduate education program ranked 16th in the nation by U.S. News & World Report
  • Online doctorate in education ranked 17th in the nation by GoGrad.org
  • Art bachelor’s degree programs ranked 18th in the nation by Best-Art-Colleges.com
  • Fashion design program ranked 18th in the nation and 43rd in the world by CEOWORLD Magazine
  • Online graduate business program (M.B.A.) ranked 18th in the nation by BestValueSchools.org
  • College of Music ranked 19th in the nation by USCollegeRanking.org
  • Fashion Design program ranked 19th in the nation by FashionSchools.org
  • Online graduate business program (M.B.A.) ranked 20th in the nation by OnlineMBAReport.com
  • Online master’s program in learning technologies ranked 20th in the nation by TheBestSchools.org
  • Library and information studies graduate program ranked 21st in the nation by U.S. News & World Report
  • Online graduate business program (M.B.A.) ranked 21st in the nation by The Princeton Review
  • Hospitality and hotel management program ranked 22nd in the nation by SuccessfulStudent.org
  • Hospitality and hotel management program ranked 23rd in the nation by CreateACareer.org
  • Public management administration graduate program ranked 24th in the nation by ValueColleges.com
  • Online graduate business program (M.B.A.) ranked 25th in the nation by OnlineMBA.com
  • Online master’s degree in psychology ranked 25th in the nation by SuperScholar.org
  • Jazz studies program ranked one of the Top 25 U.S. Jazz Guitar Schools by Jazzguitar.be
  • Graphic design program ranked 1st in the Southwest by Animation Career Review
  • Only journalism program in the nation to win the 2016 Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication Equity and Diversity Award
  • Only professionally accredited journalism master’s program in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and New Mexico
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, dahbeed said:

Arkstfan is a super smart guy and probably top of the food chain at Arky State for knowing what's going on.  But he does seem emotional on this one.  The whole Arky State crew wears a "you think you're better n me?" Trailer Park chip on their shoulders.  It probably serves them well in a state so one sidedly dominated like Arkansas is.  

I've actually listened to their AD on his radio interviews and I'd take him here at Western in a minute as far as the way he fights for his school.  Doesn't make him right in all of his assessments though.  He's ran Western and Middle down many times over the last few years with his digs.

As far as the way he handled this one.  Let me paint a scene:  Mojair out with his boys in a dusky bar.  Sketchy looking bottle blonde at the bar but still the best looking broad in the place.  Mojair makes his move as all the boys watch.  Slowly walks back to the table subtly shaking his head no.  One of his boys "well?".  Mojair "probably a lesbian"

I can't speak for everyone, but I don't think the reaction to his comments were about him trying to say Arky State's program is better than UNT's.  That would be his opinion and he is certainly welcome to that.  I would hope Wren Baker feels the same way about North Texas.

Most of the negative reaction that I saw, and personally shared, was that Mohajir took what was supposedly a private comment between McCasland and Mohajir and shared in publicly in a way to try and justify something.  That seemed like a pretty underhanded thing to do to McCasland and I am sure, if McCasland said it, was not intended to be shared publicly.

But then again, Mohajir seems to have a history of flying off the handle and going 'scorched earth'.  That will eventually catch up with him.

• Upvote 2

I mean... when their fans think that McCasland's Dad went around soliciting donations around DFW to get him to come here I can't help but sit back and laugh at their rationale. 

Yes Ark St. fans that would be the only way our program could raise the money.  The "Get Grant Back Home Fund" lol. 

http://www.csnbbs.com/thread-812275-page-3.html

3 hours ago, All About UNT said:

I mean... when their fans think that McCasland's Dad went around soliciting donations around DFW to get him to come here I can't help but sit back and laugh at their rationale. 

Yes Ark St. fans that would be the only way our program could raise the money.  The "Get Grant Back Home Fund" lol. 

http://www.csnbbs.com/thread-812275-page-3.html

Pastor McCasland wants to send his son to do missionary work up in that godforsaken hell hole called UNT.  Cleansing the unwashed masses.  

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Pastor McCasland wants to send his son to do missionary work up in that godforsaken hell hole called UNT.  Cleansing the unwashed masses.  

Now that right there is something we can believe.  "Unwashed masses".  LOL!   Heathens we are!

• Upvote 2

Outside of athletics, NT and stAte are not comparable. NT has 3 times as many full time undergrads. NT is categorized as a National university and stAte is a Regional university. The fact we mention them in the same breath is a testament to how NT has woefully underperformed in athletics and stAte has greatly overperformed. Maybe things are finally getting set right.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

On 3/15/2017 at 10:54 PM, greenminer said:

Some of y'all need to step down.  We haven't done anything yet

raf,750x1000,075,t,fafafa:ca443f4786.jpg

In athletics sure. As far as our institution as a whole, it shows how far we fell behind in athletics to be considered peers with A-State. I'm sure Rice feels the same way about us, and SMU with UH.

• Upvote 1