18' WR Maureese Wren (Mesquite Horn) - 3*

UNTLifer

11 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Why leave Arkansas for La Tech?  That alone kills your point.  How about accepting the challenge of turning a program around that has a better upside?  If you are that down on us, then why are you here?  How do you propose we even turn the program around with your attitude?  I am all ears.

He left Ark because of the disappointing season on top of the potential coaching change and Morris and his new staff not reaching out to him, I would assume. 

How you turn around a program is showcasing and developing kids. Wren is a kid with P5 offers, which likely means he better potential to get to the next level. LT has produced quality WRs to the NFL in Henderson and Taylor.. If you look at the other potential programs.. Washington has produced WRs but was it still valid? Did he want to stay closer to home? Utah has had solid offenses but again I don’t think they have had the track record of LT.. Colorado is a Tebow offense with a QB who is a far better runner than passer (I believe).. Baylor/Ole Miss are programs that are under penalties or potentially.. Iowa State is it a flash in the pan? 

UNT did it’s due diligence likely with visiting Mesquite Horn recently as well (Beleive it’s Coach Browns or Filani territory because they were tweeted/thanked for coming by) but the kid never visited (or if he did he never tweeted about it). 

LT has it down in terms of coaching and recruiting. They can sale recruits on winning, location to DFW, NFL production, System Production, playing time, on top of better facilities than most G5 programs.. Yes we have a better stadium and potential IPF but the IPF has not been started, the improved Weight room has not been approved either. 

If we want to land kids like Wren, we need to continue having success on offense to show this is not a fluke season. We need to bring in better recruiting coach’s and add to the recruiting budget, and this is why I have told the HS coaches who are on here to email the correct people what needs to be changed/improved compared to other schools. Having a recruiting process that isn’t planned accordingly or we aren’t doing something other school are doing hurts UNT. We need to be having the recruits meeting Mason and we need to be showcasing Mason and that is a sophomore to these offensive guys. We also need to figure out how to improve and get guys like Guyton the ball and make it so he does not disappear as often as well. Last but not least, we need to win games by more than 1 score and put up some video game like numbers. NFL production matters and again our history is nothing compared to LT, neither is Ark when comparing it LT. LT has had the most recent 1st round pick in Butler to Carolina 2 years ago, and multiple WRs again picked. If you want to improve and get guy, go out and have continued success and bring in ace recruiting coaches and a staff to support them.

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

If you are wide receiver you should consider playing at UNT. You most likely get to play more here and you will be able to show case your skills.  With our new offense you will get a lot of touches.  Fine does spread the ball around. If you are that good the NFL will notice you anywhere.

Yes kids should look at this offense but LT has had multiple kids in the same year drafted from the WR spot. We spread the ball around deflating some guys stats and bumping up others. I get and love Mason spreading the ball, but guys like Rico, Guyton, Darden, Lawerence need to be targeted X number of times each in a game. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 years later...