18' WR Maureese Wren (Mesquite Horn) - 3*

UNTLifer

Shows that he attended today's scrimmage/practice and was offered.

http://247sports.com/Player/Maureese-Wren-93957?_ga=1.194292717.1166664571.1474898755

Also holds offers from SMU and Texas State

Nice size and actually has a few highlights playing DE, but I would guess he is being recruited as a WR.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2

• 4 months later...
16 minutes ago, techdawg88 said:

sure wouldn't have been my pick from his list

He's got SEC brain. Expect to see him transfer, never to be heard from again, or the least likely actually have success. SEC rosters absorb a great amount talent too often to never be heard from again. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

• 2 months later...

Recently (9/29) decommitted from Arkansas.

Offers from Washington, Arizona, Colorado, Texas Tech, Arkansas, Baylor, Air Force, Colorado State, Illinois, Iowa State, La-La, Missouri, New Mexico, Purdue, SMUt, Texas State, Tulane, Utah and Utah State.

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

So I shouldn't be disappointed he didn't commit to us?  Not sure I follow your line of thinking.

The idea that he would even consider UNT over the other schools makes any hope of adding a kid of his talent nothing more than a dream. Kids like this will not happen till we have continued success and multiple kids playing on Sunday..

LT Most recent draft has produced as many or more guys we have currently playing on Sunday..

• Downvote 3

Probably the best single recruit in CUSA signing classes so far. He's about as close as a 4-star as you can get without going over... Offer list to match. There's a couple of kids on WKU commit list with similar sized/quality offer sheets. Southern miss has a kid named Jemaurian Jones who has OU and Ol' Miss offers among other big programs at CB. Tack on that Lane hasn't either recruited or exposed his class for whatever reason. Sooo this could be a big overall class for CUSA. I think Reggie Williams is up a lot of those guys level in talent and offers as well.

18 minutes ago, Caw Caw said:

Probably the best single recruit in CUSA signing classes so far. He's about as close as a 4-star as you can get without going over... Offer list to match. There's a couple of kids on WKU commit list with similar sized/quality offer sheets. Southern miss has a kid named Jemaurian Jones who has OU and Ol' Miss offers among other big programs at CB. Tack on that Lane hasn't either recruited or exposed his class for whatever reason. Sooo this could be a big overall class for CUSA. I think Reggie Williams is up a lot of those guys level in talent and offers as well.

UTSA got a great WR as well..

2 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

The idea that he would even consider UNT over the other schools makes any hope of adding a kid of his talent nothing more than a dream. Kids like this will not happen till we have continued success and multiple kids playing on Sunday..

LT Most recent draft has produced as many or more guys we have currently playing on Sunday..

Sorry, but I call B.S.  If a kid produces the scouts will find them.  We just won CUSA West, beat La Tech, are located in a better area, have better and improving facilities, etc...  Saying that, "the idea that he would even consider UNT over the other schools makes any hope of adding a kid of this talent nothing more than a dream'" is just baffling and a slap in the face to us.  If going to a school soley for who produces the most draft picks is his motive, the explain why he decommitted from Arkansas and the SEC for La Tech.  Sorry, don't buy it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Sorry, but I call B.S.  If a kid produces the scouts will find them.  We just won CUSA West, beat La Tech, are located in a better area, have better and improving facilities, etc...  Saying that, "the idea that he would even consider UNT over the other schools makes any hope of adding a kid of this talent nothing more than a dream'" is just baffling and a slap in the face to us.  If going to a school soley for who produces the most draft picks is his motive, the explain why he decommitted from Arkansas and the SEC for La Tech.  Sorry, don't buy it.

In all fairness, it’s probably easier to sell LA Tech having 3 9 wins seasons in a row and still getting a bowl game this year as a down year than it is to sell 1 9 win season as a winner and a culture change.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

LT has better facilities, Better track record of production to the next level, a fan base that supports them even when they are down (such as this year), and has had multiple successful years.. 

The kid is a likely WR.. look at our WRs.. we best WR had 50 catches and 800 yards.. 

Yes the league will find them if they produce, but the guys we have produced have gone the UDFA route and not the draft pick route, and it’s a major difference in terms of signing bonus/contract/etc.. 

• Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I'll give you better track record of production to the next level, but the rest is a wash or tilted in our favor.  Still stating that he shouldn't even consider us is laughable.

Why when consider UNT when he is getting P5 offers? Consider a UNT team that has had 3 winning years in the past decade, has a number of other WRs that are ahead of him on the Depth chart and this offense is spreading the ball around instead of focusing on 1 or 2 guys... 

LT is a better G5 program in terms of success, NFL Production via the draft and UDFA, fan-base with solid support, and a coaching staff that should be around for the long haul as well... 

32 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Guess we will have to disagree.  Looking at their past attendance, they aren't really ahead considering their track record of success.  Why would their staff be more stable than our's?

Look at how long they have had their HC and the # of times he has been brought up in bigger jobs.. Skip hasn’t been brought up from what I have seen

1 hour ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Look at how long they have had their HC and the # of times he has been brought up in bigger jobs.. Skip hasn’t been brought up from what I have seen

What jobs have considered SL?  Besides, unfortunately coaches come and go and picking La Tech kver us is a disappointment.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Why when consider UNT when he is getting P5 offers? Consider a UNT team that has had 3 winning years in the past decade

Why leave Arkansas for La Tech?  That alone kills your point.  How about accepting the challenge of turning a program around that has a better upside?  If you are that down on us, then why are you here?  How do you propose we even turn the program around with your attitude?  I am all ears.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2