'18 OLB Keyshawn Johnson (Duncanville HS)

GMG24

3 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

He's talking about the entire system. And, he's wrong. 

B.S.  Kids aren't rated, they commit and just like that they have a star and number assigned to them.  These services don't see all of these kids, they don't have the ability to, but they assign a rating because that is what people want.  A couple of years ago I emailed Rivals and they all but admitted to changing star ratings based on where kids commit.  It is flawed and just a means to satisfy fan bases.

I know that doesn't match up with your dialogue, but it is what it is.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

B.S.  Kids aren't rated, they commit and just like that they have a star and number assigned to them.  These services don't see all of these kids, they don't have the ability to, but they assign a rating because that is what people want.  A couple of years ago I emailed Rivals and they all but admitted to changing star ratings based on where kids commit.  It is flawed and just a means to satisfy fan bases.

I know that doesn't match up with your dialogue, but it is what it is.

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. 

But it's not a coincidence that highly rated classes with decent offer lists out perform the lowly rated classes with minimal or no offer lists. But as you will. 

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

But it's not a coincidence that highly rated classes with decent offer lists out perform the lowly rated classes with minimal or no offer lists. But as you will. 

Bet if we had a rivals site like utsa, we'd get better ratings from them thus driving up our 247 composite rankings.  Take that to the bank. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Bet if we had a rivals site like utsa, we'd get better ratings from them thus driving up our 247 composite rankings.  Take that to the bank. 

Say what will help you. We are sitting on less than 20 FBS offers, including us, with 12 commits. That is not sustainable math. The latest commit has 25% of them. I care about offers. Get guys that other staffs want, and the ratings will take care of itself. 

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Say what will help you. We are sitting on less than 20 FBS offers, including us, with 12 commits. That is not sustainable math. The latest commit has 25% of them. I care about offers. Get guys that other staffs want, and the ratings will take care of itself. 

Will it?? A lot of staffs wait till a kid has another D1 offer, don't believe me go look at Bowling Green or Tulsa's offers see who was first and see what happened after that.  

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Will it?? A lot of staffs wait till a kid has another D1 offer, don't believe me go look at Bowling Green or Tulsa's offers see who was first and see what happened after that.  

That's great. But I'm talking about who is committing to US. Not who has the same target recruits and when which program committed 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. 

26 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

Here y'all go again. Same crap different KIDS thread.  

Seriously, do it someplace else.  Go to pie forum, YEAH it's getting that old. 🤔

Well...People want to write off offer lists and ratings as arbitrary metrics time and time again in recruit threads and no one bats an eye. This all started with Lifer doing just that. 

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Not an opinion, the truth regarding the star system.  Take the recent commit from Anna.  No stars, no point rating, then he commits to us and bam, stars and a numerical rating.  They didn't run out there and assess him overnight, they guessed.  By the way, I was talking stars system, not offer list.  

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2