Missouri fired its coach today

24 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

That is why if your successful coach at UNT you will have a job for life.  JJ would have been here for a long time. Jump at the big school and now he going to looking for a job.  I guess egos come into play and they can't say no to the big pay raise.

J.J. played his collegiate career at LSU.  There was more to it than pay.

• Upvote 7

20 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

That is why if your successful coach at UNT you will have a job for life.  JJ would have been here for a long time. Jump at the big school and now he going to looking for a job.  I guess egos come into play and they can't say no to the big pay raise.

Not very familiar with Johnny Jones?

• Upvote 3

I would strongly recommend that you stay away from anyone coming from Mizzou right now.. There is some serious smoke about academic irregularities, with a specific tutor admitting to do work, taking exams or being in the room and answering questions for athletes during online exams. It is more than likely with how the new NCAA rules are that the HC will get a show cause order, regardless if there was knowledge or not of the actual infractions..

Would expect Jai Lucas at UT to get a serious look

On 3/6/2017 at 11:32 AM, wardly said:

J.J will be fired by L.S.U. as well. Tough way to make a living.

Both guys are millionaires. Digging ditches is touch. Collecting garbage is tough. 

I would say it's a volatile way to make a living. But tough? No.

What's tough is those two new suits Benford never got to wear. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

On 3/6/2017 at 11:02 AM, untbowler said:

please God no. We have had our fills of P5 retreads. Do we never learn from past experiences. Hire a current head coach at a lower D1, or a Successful D2 program

Do you know who the coach is of the best CUSA basketball program?  Kermit Davis is doing pretty well at MTSU. 

IMO, it would be foolish not to consider current or past D1 coaches, up and coming lower level hcs, and strong assistant coaches.   Good coaches come from all levels.   Even high schools, but I hope NT never does that again.   

However, if Baker sticks with what he has stated, he is looking primarily at HC's currently at the D1 level.   Those kind of coaches with good records are going to be hard to land.