'18 RB Devonte Lee (John Marshall - OKC)

3 hours ago, GMG24 said:

I keep seeing you post we're adding a more traditional tight end, where did you see this?  Ever once at the spring game do I remember seeing a hand in the dirt true tight end.  Chumley is a flex TE you put in slot to get a blatant mis match on the LB as was seen in spring game when he ran wide open several times down middle of the field.  Makes Safeties sit in box longer and opens up a lot more route concepts slash windows for QB to put the ball in. 

From the clips they showed of SL and the TEs was with him playing hand in the ground. No doubt they will flex guys out, and more than likely they will flex them but they need to have something to help on the OL. In the HOD they would bring in an extra OL come in and play like a TE and they moved the ball when they did. 

True Chumley is a flex, but we still have the kid that did the flip into the end-zone vs SMU (Smith?). Who was an H-Back/TE last year 

6 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

From the clips they showed of SL and the TEs was with him playing hand in the ground. No doubt they will flex guys out, and more than likely they will flex them but they need to have something to help on the OL. In the HOD they would bring in an extra OL come in and play like a TE and they moved the ball when they did. 

True Chumley is a flex, but we still have the kid that did the flip into the end-zone vs SMU (Smith?). Who was an H-Back/TE last year 

Yeah Smith, we may do it I just don't know why you would add that in and not recruit that position. 

1 minute ago, GMG24 said:

Yeah Smith, we may do it I just don't know why you would add that in and not recruit that position. 

Well, I think they have some potential pieces like Smith and they can add in another OL or 2, or even the new signee Brammer who played TE/6th OL in HS. You do that and then use our other HBack/FB Mauki( I know it's spelt wrong, sorry) and Lee and you have a potentially solid power formation for short yards and goaline. This past year it was very very tough for us to get plays like 3rd and 2 or 3. 

Lee could expand his role as well and play out of the gun just like any other back we have but I think this team needs a "Power" back who can just come in and be a guy who can be a between the tackles. We don't know what Smith, Siggers, Johnson roles will be but of the 3 Siggers is the most physical but Lee is a kid who is just built like a fire hydrant. Add Lee to that group and you have guys who can do all the roles needed.

3 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Well, I think they have some potential pieces like Smith and they can add in another OL or 2, or even the new signee Brammer who played TE/6th OL in HS. You do that and then use our other HBack/FB Mauki( I know it's spelt wrong, sorry) and Lee and you have a potentially solid power formation for short yards and goaline. This past year it was very very tough for us to get plays like 3rd and 2 or 3. 

Lee could expand his role as well and play out of the gun just like any other back we have but I think this team needs a "Power" back who can just come in and be a guy who can be a between the tackles. We don't know what Smith, Siggers, Johnson roles will be but of the 3 Siggers is the most physical but Lee is a kid who is just built like a fire hydrant. Add Lee to that group and you have guys who can do all the roles needed.

Agreed we were horrendous on 3rd and short. That starts up front. 

4 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Agreed we were horrendous on 3rd and short. That starts up front. 

Agreed, and I think we both can agree that of the RBs that we will have returning after this upcoming season that Siggers is most likely the most physical back, that comes to the top of my head.

Lee I think would be a nice addition because of his size to be that power/bruising RB. 

44 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

I think Wilson gets slighted in this category. I like him between the tackles.  After him probably Siggers in my book.

Agreed Wilson is the most physical we have and maybe followed by Tucker. After they graduate it's Siggers, and we need a true power back I believe. 

Just saw him at A&M commerce camp and the dude is built like a brick ____  house!! Holy cow he's rocked up.  Reason I'm seeing he's under recruited is if he's 5'8 I'd be shocked closer to 5'7 but dang he looks good! 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Just saw him at A&M commerce camp and the dude is built like a brick ____  house!! Holy cow he's rocked up.  Reason I'm seeing he's under recruited is if he's 5'8 I'd be shocked closer to 5'7 but dang he looks good! 

He is impressive on film as well.

28 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

Don't care about running back height in college, especially if they are thicker backs. Small backs are successful every yr in college! I'd be very happy if we got this kid.

No doubt.  It's mentioning it as a possibility why a kid with numbers he has, not having as many offers as you'd think.  

2 hours ago, GMG24 said:

That's awesome to hear, there is a spot here for him at UNT backfield that hopefully can be addressed

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, p_phelps said:

I wanted this kid, we need a bigger back for the short yardage plays

I as well, but was really curious since we have the commit from Magnolia, Johnson playing as a freshman, Siggers is redshirting and our primary backup to Wilson in Nic Smith as a redshirt freshman if we were going to sign two RB's this class.  We seem to be pretty set at that position as long as everyone stays healthy and eligible.

• Lovely Take 1

• 2 months later...