Flamboyant Shane Temara brings life and energy to men’s basketball team during tough season

Skipper

When junior forward Shane Temara enters a room, everyone seems to take notice – mainly because he wants them to.

A photo shoot is going down in the press room in the bowels of the Super Pit. Temara becomes the center of attention as he pulls out his iPhone and begins to document everything via Snapchat. He sends the entire room into laughter with his wise-cracks and personality.

He shows everything off for his Snapchat as a few of his teammates watch on. He puts everything on his story for all of his friends to see.

Time for the professional photos now.

After a few shots against the backdrop, Temara’s shirt is off. He’s got to flex for Instagram.

“I think he wants to be a movie star,” head coach Tony Benford said jokingly. “I know how he is. He’s a very outgoing guy. Shane keeps everybody loose and our guys will tell you he’s the funniest guy on the team and fun to be around.”

On the court, however, Temara becomes a different beast. It’s time to go to work when he steps on the hardwood. Playing basketball at this level is nothing short of a dream. After high school, Temara was not sure if he would ever be playing Division I basketball, so he is not going to squander his opportunity.

He has to keep himself loose.

“I try to have fun with it because if I start thinking too much, then the mistakes come,” Temara said. “It’s my office. I try to not worry about what other people are thinking.”

View Full Article

• Upvote 1