18 DT/DL Dayton LeBlanc (Denton Ryan) (Verbal 2-26-17)

BTG_Fan1

http://247sports.com/player/dayton-leblanc-46039490 comes in as 3* and graded as a .7999

http://drchighschoolblog.dentonrc.com/2017/02/football-ryan-dt-dayton-leblanc-commits-to-north-texas.html/ here is a link to Dayton talking about him committing and he says that he plans to RS his freshman year...

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4760293/dayton-leblanc and here is his hudl if you wanna watch it.

Edited by BTG_Fan1
Committed to Verbal
  • Upvote 7

I'd bet that this one stands.  UK likely wouldn't want his dad coaching him unless he was a 4* recruit for fear of favoritism or the opposite, making him have to be far above other recruits in order to play.  Because it's North Texas and he committed so early, he will likely remain at the low 3* level, thus not that vulnerable to P5 school.  

1 hour ago, GrayEagle said:

I'd bet that this one stands.  UK likely wouldn't want his dad coaching him unless he was a 4* recruit for fear of favoritism or the opposite, making him have to be far above other recruits in order to play.  Because it's North Texas and he committed so early, he will likely remain at the low 3* level, thus not that vulnerable to P5 school.  

That is my hope.  I really would hate to give a space up on a guy who ends up signing with his dads team.  There appears to be a level of trust there.

7 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

While that is likely true about him most likely not being rated higher, and moving around as well.. But I haven't looked, but I wouldn't think UK has been pulling in many 4*, or super high 3*s is the only worry.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

While that is likely true about him most likely not being rated higher, and moving around as well.. But I haven't looked, but I wouldn't think UK has been pulling in many 4*, or super high 3*s is the only worry.

They do. Their recruiting has really picked up since they hired Stoops

8 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

Because it's North Texas and he committed so early, he will likely remain at the low 3* level, thus not that vulnerable to P5 school.  

You're right in that if he stays committed to us the recruiting sites likely won't re-evaluate/re-rate him, but P5 schools don't care what recruiting sites rate a player during his junior year (or senior year).

A players rating doesn't dictate how or which schools will recruit them. It's the other way around. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

They do. Their recruiting has really picked up since they hired Stoops

You're right in that if he stays committed to us the recruiting sites likely won't re-evaluate/re-rate him, but P5 schools don't care what recruiting sites rate a player during his junior year (or senior year).

A players rating doesn't dictate how or which schools will recruit them. It's the other way around. 

Especially when his dad is on staff there...  I think they'll know all about him.   I would actually be worried if he doesn't get a UK offer.

• Upvote 2

• 7 months later...