Army of Dad

Home season finale. Likely the last North Texas sporting event I'm going to attend.  Damn right I'm drinking in the parking lot before the game.

This seems fitting:

As for the matchup, we have the worst team in CUSA hosting one of the bad teams fighting to stay in the tournament field. This should be the postseason elimination game for UNT should we lose. If USM trips up we still need a miracle to qualify for the conference tournament.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Army of Dad said:

Home season finale. Likely the last North Texas sporting event I'm going to attend.  Damn right I'm drinking in the parking lot before the game.

This seems fitting:

As for the matchup, we have the worst team in CUSA hosting one of the bad teams fighting to stay in the tournament field. This should be the postseason elimination game for UNT should we lose. If USM trips up we still need a miracle to qualify for the conference tournament.

I prefer Godsmack's "Bad Religion."   Being a North Texas fan is having a lot of faith and not much to show for it.

Stick around A of D. We can't suck forever. 

3 minutes ago, meanrob said:

I prefer Godsmack's "Bad Religion."   Being a North Texas fan is having a lot of faith and not much to show for it.

Stick around A of D. We can't suck forever. 

I'd prefer 'Whatever'.

Sorry, but UNT has shown they just don't care. If they don't then I see no reason why I should continue to care. 

Getying run prettt bad Benford calls TO to try and stop it. 26-15 USM at the under 8 official timeout. 7:49

Edited by Army of Dad
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

7 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

I'd prefer 'Whatever'.

Sorry, but UNT has shown they just don't care. If they don't then I see no reason why I should continue to care. 

Getying run prettt bad Benford calls TO to try and stop it. 26-15 USM.

Can't say I blame you. 

Hard to make a case when we're already down by 13 in the first half. 

Make that fifteen. 

Edited by meanrob

5 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

USM still on top, now 52-37; 15:58 left.

They are motivated! You would be too if an sizeable annual donor promised Jimmy John's all around after the game.

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Listening to the game now.  Hard to hear the announcers over the "loud crowd noise".  Must be a massive turnout.

Communities in schools giveaway. Still fairly loud so there's that.

USM still on top, 60-47; 7:16.

We are getting pounded at home by a 20 loss team. Good thing WB is going to wait until the seasons over to finish evaluating.

71-49 wrong color eagles; 3:35.

Down by 22.

I find it amazing that most of the assumptions on GMG lean towards the positive outcome while a majority of the actions of UNT over the past fifteen years have leaned toward negative outcomes. 

Which is how you get a half-assed AD sticking around for fifteen years, a horrible BB coach for five, and a fan base in a state of panic if a five-win coach leaves.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, meanrob said:

Down by 22.

I find it amazing that most of the assumptions on GMG lean towards the positive outcome while a majority of the actions of UNT over the past fifteen years have leaned toward negative outcomes. 

Which is how you get a half-assed AD sticking around for fifteen years, a horrible BB coach for five, and a fan base in a state of panic if a five-win coach leaves.

Welcome to UNT

• Upvote 2

I guess i have to believe that things can get better.  I went to UNT when Fry and Barkley ( I think that was name) were coaching  and things were good except fouts field.  Yes it suck way back then too. i remember the BB coach's chair always had a theme and it was on the back of his seat during the season.  I guess Tony would say i don't need that extra suit.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1