MGB breaking news -- regents approve new venue

Brett Vito

Great news! Obviously that's an initial peek into the new facilities Master Plan, where track & soccer will move to the East / South side of Bonnie Brae.

24 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Can they cover it and make it 100 yds? Man that sounds expensive!

The "UNT System Markup" always adds a nice 20%+ cost to these construction projects. Absolute joke...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

26 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

giphy.gif

Diggin it. Nice job Wren.

But he isn't doing anything.  Seriously, this is great news. Both of these programs could step up to the next level with the improved facilities. Coaches Hedlund and Sheffield really deserve this. Two excellent coaches. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 3

I do like turning the venue into a multi-sport/ multiple use facility as well.

Another question, where does soccer and track teams have their offices?

44 minutes ago, Harry said:

Great news!  Would love to know more about where and what it will look like!

Would be great if WB and NS did a presentation of what everything would/will hopefully look like and where it all will be, along with an idea for when stuff would be built.

Edited by BTG_Fan1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I do like turning the venue into a multi-sport/ multiple use facility as well.

Another question, where does soccer and track teams have their offices?

Would be great if WB and NS did a presentation of what everything would/will hopefully look like and where it all will be, along with an idea for when stuff would be built.

I thought, track offices used to be housed in Fouts and what is left of it. Soccer is just behind the current soccer stadium.across from the DD practice field.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Caw Caw said:

I thought, track offices used to be housed in Fouts and what is left of it. Soccer is just behind the current soccer stadium.across from the DD practice field.

I have no idea where, lol but those seem like logical spots. Just didn't know if they had anyone in the offices by/ overlooking Apogee.