1 hour ago, EagleMBA said:

Both FUs LOST, Charlotte WON, Southern Miss LOST in OT. I think we can only make the tournament now IF we win out (we could still catch FAU if they lose the rest because we own the tie-breaker) or IF Southern Miss loses to us on Saturday, then the rest of their schedule.

Conference Records After Tonight:

FAU 5 - 11; SoMiss 5 - 11; UNT 2 - 13; FIU 2 - 13. 

I'm ready for the North Korean hanky trick!

Have to beat Southern Miss else there's pretty much no chance of making it into the tournament. This will basically be an elimination game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

if they extend benford this guy can come for me, I will be dead as a fan.  I haven't renewed my season tickets for football because I waiting to see how this is handled.   I haven't renewed my basketball tickets in three years.  I bought a reserved seat for a game to give UNT more money.  The seats I was given was shocking, mid court seven rows up.  I thought if these seats are available do we have any season ticket holders?

th-5.jpeg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

if they extend benford

Why do people keep saying this? Benford is not coming back. If there was a chance they would extend him, it would have been stated or at least "leaked" so that he could recruit without the competition saying that he was not going to be here. There is no word of that, so he will be gone after the season. He is just coaching out the year and then we move on.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, forevereagle said:

Why do people keep saying this? Benford is not coming back. If there was a chance they would extend him, it would have been stated or at least "leaked" so that he could recruit without the competition saying that he was not going to be here. There is no word of that, so he will be gone after the season. He is just coaching out the year and then we move on.

I cannot even fathom Benford coming back, but then at the same time I could not fathom keeping him around after mid-season.

Yet here we are.

• Upvote 3

I think Benford getting a new contract is as likely as NT getting a NCAA tournament win this year.  

I can't believe anyone actually had any hope of NT even getting into the conference tournament.  

Back to the game, La Tech is just a far superior team.  Had better players at every position.  

Biggest disappointing was girls not even competitive in Ruston.  

2 hours ago, forevereagle said:

I have no doubt in my mind coach Benford has his resume out looking for asst coach jobs as I type this.   Also, coach Evans has been scouring Zillow for a nice place to retire.
It's just a slow, painful death.

I'm very disappointed by the lack of development from Brice. He towers over most defenders but too bad he's a big teddy bear. He needs to be more aggressive, and work on his post shots terribly. Too many hook-shots or turnaround jumpers where he just throws them up praying they go down. Hopefully our next coach and/or assistant coaches can properly develop bigs.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2