Possible Benford Replacement

UNTLifer

You get a ring for 4th place in something?  And, you show it off like it is a Super Bowl ring or something?  Wow!  Trophies for everyone!  Oh, my.  Hopefully, that is a Photoshop creation.

OK, that being said, I haven't seen any 4th place finishes in quite some time around here...that 4th place ring might just look pretty nice. Ha!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

26 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

You get a ring for 4th place in something?  And, you show it off like it is a Super Bowl ring or something?  Wow!  Trophies for everyone!  Oh, my.  Hopefully, that is a Photoshop creation.

OK, that being said, I haven't seen any 4th place finishes in quite some time around here...that 4th place ring might just look pretty nice. Ha!

Not photoshop, but it is a work of fiction

I think we need a "players' coach" to get things moving in our program. Here is a good candidate:

200.gif#22 Also, this guy: 200.gif#10

My favorite candidate is the Ghost of Jerry Tarkanian!

th?id=OIP.4Vogo-IPjSNCZpCZ965iIQEsCo&pid

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I really want someone that has been a success in a situation similar to the one they will face at UNT.  Considering this, my selection as a replacement would by Jackie Moon.

Image result for jackie moon

Didn't Moon end up on probation/show-cause for recruiting violations over Dewey? Not sure I'm comfortable with that. 

5 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

From a movie. 

We can't just go out and do the same ole hire based on a 10% bump of what we paid Benford and keeping somewhere in the middle of C-USA salaries.  We have to make a commitment to building something special.  If we present the right package and commitment to facilities we will be able to make a very good hire.  My point is it is not just the coach, it's the vision we can convey.

22 minutes ago, Harry said:

We can't just go out and do the same ole hire based on a 10% bump of what we paid Benford and keeping somewhere in the middle of C-USA salaries.  We have to make a commitment to building something special.  If we present the right package and commitment to facilities we will be able to make a very good hire.  My point is it is not just the coach, it's the vision we can convey.

+1

29 minutes ago, Harry said:

Agree, just hope that vision has a facility with more than 4,500 to 5,000 seats.

• Downvote 1

54 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Agree, just hope that vision has a facility with more than 4,500 to 5,000 seats.

Even if you go back to the Facilities thread over on the Football forum, where is this 4k-5k seat count coming from? @KRAM1 said the possible seat count would likely be between 7k-8k, and he got that from a meeting with the POUNT (President of UNT).

Edited by UNTFan23
Add link to Facilities thread

On 2/15/2017 at 10:39 AM, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Mike Gottfried is about to find his schedule opened for new opportunities it seems....Why Not North Texas???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Gottfried

Just not the direction we need to go. 

Id like to see us go after someone coming from success, not the retread. Not say that Gottfried isnt a good coach or couldnt win here.

Id also like to avoid the assistant coach pool too.  I just believe we need to find a guy who is a HC right now. 

$ is ultimately going to dictate our candidate pool. Not saying we need some unthinkable money bump, but the right increase could really make the search a little easier. 

We need to offer $500K +

Always the dilemma, do you go with a top assistant from a program with a HC that produces coaches and will cost at least $500k or do you go with a guy that has won at lower levels as a HC but has yet to coach at the D1 level. Or option 3 try to recapture success with a retread looking to regain his faded status. 

Alas, the life of a mid minor

27 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Always the dilemma, do you go with a top assistant from a program with a HC that produces coaches and will cost at least $500k or do you go with a guy that has won at lower levels as a HC but has yet to coach at the D1 level. Or option 3 try to recapture success with a retread looking to regain his faded status. 

Alas, the life of a mid minor

I think we could pry some low level mid major (D1) guys away for more $. 

Bottom line is we need a guy who knows how to coach the game and develop players. Acquiring talent wont be an issue like it is in football.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Mean_Green09 said:

I think we could pry some low level mid major (D1) guys away for more $. 

Bottom line is we need a guy who knows how to coach the game and develop players. Acquiring talent wont be an issue like it is in football.

But we aren't even a low level mid major so...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2