PLAYER THREAD-CHEER SCHOLARSHIP GAME

KRAM1

This will be our "official" player roster for the seventh Annual Cheer Scholarship Game.  Trying to raise SEVEN FOR SEVEN this year...$7,000 for our seventh year!  Any player info is welcome to be posted here along with any friendly banter (trash talk) regarding players or teams one wishes to post.  I will update the thread as to players as they announce their intentions...you folks can supply the chatter.

1. ANDREW - Andrew Valenkamp
  2. THOR - Thomas Coe
  3. smoothfresh
  4. RICO - Raymond Rico
  5. Vince
  6. GMG24 - Brandon Grady
  7. Ben Gooding
  8. Zach Gooding
  9. Jacob Gonzalez
  10. Emmitt Jackson
  11. Cody Coile
  12. Ray Cortinas
  13. Rob McKinney
  14. Grant Gilbert
  15. MeanGreenCoach2
  16. John Hopkin
  17. Greendylan 
  18. Paul
  19. Rob Morley
Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

54 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Still need a coach? I can keep the streak alive ? Haha

Works for me....hey...you bringing your buddy Paul back for this year's game?  He did a nice job last year.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

We have had a bit of a signing period the last couple of days.  Take a look at the player list above...we are up to twelve (12) signed players now and several more are checking schedules.  Lots of room...lots...for more players.  So, come on folks.....jump on in here.  You know this is fun and it certainly goes a long way to support some worthy student-athletes.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

OK, we are now sitting at twelve players.  We do need several more to make it more fun and generate more interest.  I know we are a bit out, but not as far as it seems...it is April 1st...so really only March and a week to go in February.

Lots of players from the past games have not said anything as yet and there are others who have indicated they would like to play but have not been able to in the past, so look at your schedules and let us know.  You can post here, in the Save The Date Thread or you can PM me.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Grant Gilbert is "in the house" and will be playing!

By the way folks...the registration/Donation site is up and has been verified as working correctly.  That site is in a thread pinned to the top of this basketball section of GoMeanGreen.Com.

If you have indicated that you are playing or if you would like to donate...any amount is appreciated...you can now use the link.  Easy way to "get 'er done"!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

PLAYER FEE...DONATION SITE IS UP!  Here's the link: https://one.unt.edu/2017basketballclassic

Check it out...make a donation...pay your player fees and then send me a PM and let me know if you have any comments/suggestions as to how we might improve upon the site going forward.  Appreciate the comments

NOTE: DEADLINE FOR PLAYER SIGN-UPS IS: SATURDAY, MARCH 25th!!!! 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

Sent you a PM about the link!

Thanks so much...appreciate the feedback...even more I appreciate you signing up to play again this year to help out these great student-athletes!

FOLKS...it is time for the TRASH TALKING TO BEGIN!  AND...this is the thread for it!  You are welcome to post here comments about your own playing skills or those of any other you wish!  Always fun to read these comments...SO Let IT BEGIN HERE!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We have a new player to announce...JUSTIN ELSE is in the house!  Welcome aboard Justin...appreciate your support...you are going to have a great time!

Folks...here is the link to pay your registration fee or donate:  https://one.unt.edu/2017basketballclassic

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just got word of another player sign-up....John Hopkin is on the roster!  Got to send a big thank you out to MeanGreenCoach2 who told his friend, John, about our game and what it is trying to do.  After hearing where the funds go John signed up and made a bit of an "extra" donation as well above the playing fee.

Many thanks...we are going to bust right through this Seven for Seven goal with help like this! ?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

When are we going to cap the players? 

At the stated final conclusion date of player registration as announced in another thread.

We are still below our average number of players, so everyone will get all the playing time they want.  You will be coaching a squad again this year...playing time up to you on your squad.  Seems to me it has worked out just fine over the last six years.  Will this year as well.  Every player means more scholarship dollars, more possible half-time mid-court shots, more silent auction donors and more concessions purchased....which, means, and why we do this....more scholarship dollars for these great student-athletes.  Appreciate your participation as well.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

At the stated final conclusion date of player registration as announced in another thread.

We are still below our average number of players, so everyone will get all the playing time they want.  You will be coaching a squad again this year...playing time up to you on your squad.  Seems to me it has worked out just fine over the last six years.  Will this year as well.  Every player means more scholarship dollars, more possible half-time mid-court shots, more silent auction donors and more concessions purchased....which, means, and why we do this....more scholarship dollars for these great student-athletes.  Appreciate your participation as well.

It just seems like more people are playing.  Idk what the numbers were like last year. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

45 minutes ago, Andrew said:

It just seems like more people are playing.  Idk what the numbers were like last year. 

Who cares how many players play...every person that signs up is CASH for the cheerleaders...the more the better!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

11 hours ago, THOR said:

Who cares how many players play...every person that signs up is CASH for the cheerleaders...the more the better!

I need ten more player to sign up lol I am so out of shape it isn't even funny. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Player sign-up deadline approaching folks.  If interested in playing just open the link and sign-up.  Going to be fun...

Bring some folks to watch as well...the Cheer Team will be unveiling their Daytona National Championship routine during half-time of our game this year!

https://one.unt.edu/2017basketballclassic 

1 hour ago, KRAM1 said:

Player sign-up deadline approaching folks.  If interested in playing just open the link and sign-up.  Going to be fun...

Bring some folks to watch as well...the Cheer Team will be unveiling their Daytona National Championship routine during half-time of our game this year!

https://one.unt.edu/2017basketballclassic 

What's the last day again? You got mymkne buddy right?

• Downvote 1