BYRON HANSPARD II

Green Crazy

My thoughts are he will go Tech.  His dad is their all time leading rusher I believe.  Great football player back in the day.  And the only reason he left Tech early was to be drafted in the NFL.  He was 41st pick in the draft but did not have a long NFL career.

20 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Tech lock, can't blame him for following in the old man's footsteps.

Possibly but that doesn't guarantee anything. Just off the top of my head: James Gray, Byron "Bam" Morris, and Anthony Lynn, their sons did not go to Tech.

9 hours ago, Marty said:

Possibly but that doesn't guarantee anything. Just off the top of my head: James Gray, Byron "Bam" Morris, and Anthony Lynn, their sons did not go to Tech.

Never heard of James Gray (other than ours) or Anthony Lynn. I've never heard of Bam Morris' son either. Did all three kids have offers from Tech?

28 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Never heard of James Gray (other than ours) or Anthony Lynn. I've never heard of Bam Morris' son either. Did all three kids have offers from Tech?

James Gray is the 2nd all time leading rusher in Texas Tech history, his son is Jonathan Gray from Aledo, he went to Texas.

Anthony Lynn was an all-SWC running back at Tech in the late '80s, went on to play for the 49ers and Broncos, now new LA Chargers head coach. His son D'anton Lynn was a 3 year starter at CB for Penn State earning All Big Ten honors. Now coaching in the NFL.

Bam Morris's son was a defensive lineman at Cooper HIgh School in Cooper, Texas. Don't have any idea what happened to him.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Marty said:

James Gray is the 2nd all time leading rusher in Texas Tech history, his son is Jonathan Gray from Aledo, he went to Texas.

Anthony Lynn was an all-SWC running back at Tech in the late '80s, went on to play for the 49ers and Broncos, now new LA Chargers head coach. His son D'anton Lynn was a 3 year starter at CB for Penn State earning All Big Ten honors. Now coaching in the NFL.

Bam Morris's son was a defensive lineman at Cooper HIgh School in Cooper, Texas. Don't have any idea what happened to him.

Thank you for that. I didn't realize Johnathan Gray's father was a big time back at Tech

On 2/13/2017 at 6:26 PM, Monkeypox said:

Pretty soon we'll be able to bitch about not getting the sons of guys we bitched about not getting on this forum. 

I did a little research and the earliest complaint I can find is that Nebraska snatched quarterback Zac Taylor from us at the last minute. He has 2 sons but I do not know the ages.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/10/2017 at 6:35 PM, Harry said:

My thoughts are he will go Tech.  His dad is their all time leading rusher I believe.  Great football player back in the day.  And the only reason he left Tech early was to be drafted in the NFL.  He was 41st pick in the draft but did not have a long NFL career.

Because he went to Tech.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...