Renewed my football tickets

oldguystudent

9 minutes ago, Travis said:

Tax refund? Don't you mean your 0% interest loan you gave to the government?

You're free to have that debate with me, but for the amount of money I got back, I could've earned about $1.53 in a 12-month CD.  The "loan" I gave the government was in the form of tax credits for raising a kid and paying student loan interest, and is juuust about the right amount of cushion to avoid having to write an unpleasant check should something get screwed up in estimated payments or withholding.  

Then again, what the hell do I know about this topic?  I'm just happy I got tickets. 

6 minutes ago, Aldo said:

A tax deductible tax refund?

I like where you're going with this.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

You're free to have that debate with me, but for the amount of money I got back, I could've earned about $1.53 in a 12-month CD.  

Sounds like your forced loan cost you an extra 4 count nugget and a dubble bubble or two.  Damn Feds. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Renewed mine on-line just now.  Super easy...done in less than five minutes.  Folks...unless you need or want to change seats or something...why call?  They have made on-line renewal super easy this year.

And...thank you to all who have already renewed, bought new season tickets, etc.  And...thanks ahead of time to all who will in the coming days, weeks or months.  Every season ticket helps...a lot!  Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

On 2/8/2017 at 6:46 AM, oldguystudent said:

Also, maybe a new feature or something I didn't notice before, but they have monthly payment plans now that wrap your MGC membership and tickets into one price, and let you pay out over 3, 4, 5, or 6 months (I think that's what it was).  I didn't do that because I just paid with my tax refund, so I don't know if there's extra cost embedded in that, but it's a nice option nonetheless.

I did the installment plan in the past and each installment deducted the total monetary value of the MGC benefits associated with the gift for tax purposes.  For example assuming a $1,000 donation split into 4 installments, it was recorded as ($250 - $60) + ($250 -$60) + ($250 - $60) + ($250 -$60) for a $760 charitable contribution ($240 in MGC "benefits") instead of $1,000 - $60 for a $940 charitable contribution ($60 in MGC benefits).   I alerted the AD and was told it would be fixed.  The same thing happened the next year.  Since then, I have just gone with the one-time payment.

Hopefully it's been fixed, but I thought I would share my experience with the installment plan and its tax implications for those of you who care about this sort of thing. 

• Upvote 1

Not a great experience here....Called to renew my seats I've had since the stadium opened and they gave my seats away to someone else.  I told them they needed to figure it out and I was promised a call back by EOD.  Looks like the ticket office closes at 5pm and I never received a call back!

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, texmusic said:

Not a great experience here....Called to renew my seats I've had since the stadium opened and they gave my seats away to someone else.  I told them they needed to figure it out and I was promised a call back by EOD.  Looks like the ticket office closes at 5pm and I never received a call back!

That happened to me one year, but it was closer to the end of the renewal period.  The first representative tried to get me to take other seats, but when I escalated to the supervisor, they did move the other party, and gave me free chairbacks to compensate me for the hassle.  Who knows what they had to do to placate the other party?

This is the second time this has happened to me and the scenario worked out just as you mentioned.  Today, I was told that they did not know what happened since usually when you renew you get first priority over your seats...at that point I knew they were about to do a search so I just told him they needed to figure it out like they did last time.  I was then told I would receive a call back today...nope. 

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, texmusic said:

This is the second time this has happened to me and the scenario worked out just as you mentioned.  Today, I was told that they did not know what happened since usually when you renew you get first priority over your seats...at that point I knew they were about to do a search so I just told him they needed to figure it out like they did last time.  I was then told I would receive a call back today...nope. 

Any updates?  Has your situation been resolved as yet?

The issue was resolved.    Tricia called back yesterday morning and apologized.  She said they were not sure what happens and asked if I had forwarded my tickets to anyone online last season. I had not, but I did call the ticket office to add seat backs.   She had to do something to get my tickets added back to my account and she sent an email later in the day when this was done. 

• Upvote 1

I renewed my tickets last week. Make sure that you are not using the mobile version. When I was in the mobile browser, my tickets wouldn't appear. When I clicked on the full site version, it worked without any issue.

Hopefully this usher isnt working my section all year again. 

20161008_194314.thumb.jpg.883e48da41dea101aebd393fd3bf3c5b.jpg

Edited by TheTastyGreek
not this, nor treats.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2017 at 1:43 PM, KRAM1 said:

Renewed mine on-line just now.  Super easy...done in less than five minutes.  Folks...unless you need or want to change seats or something...why call?  They have made on-line renewal super easy this year.

And...thank you to all who have already renewed, bought new season tickets, etc.  And...thanks ahead of time to all who will in the coming days, weeks or months.  Every season ticket helps...a lot!  Go Mean Green!

Unfortunately, I'm not having the same experience.  I logged in and tried to renew my season tickets and it prompted me to renew my Mean Green Club membership first.  (Makes sense.)  I renewed my Mean Green Club membership and now when I try to renew my season tickets, it appears to just be giving me the option to adjust my payment plan for the MGC.  Anyone else run into this?  Is it giving me fits because I selected the payment plan?  I can try to call, but unfortunately I'm usually pretty tied up during the hours the ticket office is open.