GoMeanGreen.com 2017 pre-Signing Day Podcast #177

Harry

1 minute ago, MeanGreenHoops said:

I've heard they are doing this now with the Frisco campus, which has a sports business program. Things like being an agent or in marketing etc. Hopefully it helps.

It does help but only a few classes are down in Frisco, and when they are students normally have a class at the Denton campus before or after... So either you gotta have an hour break between classes to get back to Denton, or try and fit in the random 2 or 3 classes that would be offered within the Sports Program at Frisco... Honestly, they have a gold mine, with the Star/FC Dallas, Frisco RoughRiders, and the stars training complex but the school doesn't help out students get jobs/internships with these programs nor have speakers come from this different teams to come recruit either.

1 minute ago, GOMG2013 said:

Would have been a great selling point had it been at the main campus.  Probably can't play sports and attend Frisco.  

If they offered up a bus or something between Denton and Frisco, I think a lot more people would attend.. or if they offered more classes... but them offering 2 or 3 maybe 4 classes for a degree(if your lucky) makes it a huge turn off to students. Students don't want to shuttle back and forth between class let alone make the drive from Frisco that could be 10-20 minutes or 1 hour if you hit traffic

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GOMG2013 said:

I was referring to me being the scrub selling the Alamodome...but I guess the same can be said for selling Apogee.  I'm not discounting Apogee as a selling point, it's the UNT fans (and AD) that are sleeping on other schools selling points though.  

And let's just say since we both prefer Apogee over the Alamodome, do we like it enough to ignore the other aspects?  Most CUSA schools are selling playing time to 3 star recruits.  Most CUSA schools are selling that up and coming speech.  

UNT has a location advantage over UTEP and a conference advantage over TX State.  Thats the only clear advantages out there for UNT.

So we send Litrell out there with Apogee and the Denton, TX location and that's about it. It's not enough.  Not even close.  

Let me explain it to you in detail.  You just admitted that a salesman can sell, it has little to do with what they are selling.  Your rebuttals are over the place.   Apogee vs Alamo Dome, Denton vs SA, NT vs UTSA, winning versus losing; none of those factors are as important as the person doing the selling.   

The problem is not just losing out to UTSA which you consider to have so many advantages over NT, but to the majority of peer programs.   If I had the fatalistic view of NT's chances to compete on any level in the FB division, I don't think I could support the program.     

Wilson is not only waxing NT but most of the G5's and that ain't because UTSA is the greatest place to recruit to.    

• Harry pinned this topic
  • Harry unpinned this topic