'18 DE DJ Jackson (West Mesquite)

GMG24

• 2 months later...

Heard he and a teammate visited together and fell in love with the staff and campus.  Can't blame a kid for doing what their heart tells them, just wish we could get more of these kids to stay home. 

Holds Tulane, Southern Miss, La Tech, UNT, McNeese State offers.  Probably end up getting 4-5 more.  His height is only issue. 

5 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Heard he and a teammate visited together and fell in love with the staff and campus.  Can't blame a kid for doing what their heart tells them, just wish we could get more of these kids to stay home. 

Holds Tulane, Southern Miss, La Tech, UNT, McNeese State offers.  Probably end up getting 4-5 more.  His height is only issue. 

This I just don't get but best of luck anyway.  Maybe I need to explore more of Ruston next time I go to an away game there.

Just now, All About UNT said:

This I just don't get but best of luck anyway.  Maybe I need to explore more of Ruston next time I go to an away game there.

More of the atmosphere within football team/practice and coaches is what I heard.  

Just now, UNTLifer said:

Has he visited Denton?

Working to find out.  Know a guy on staff at his HS

14 hours ago, All About UNT said:

We have to remember when we were that young, most everyone wanted to go off some place and not stay close to home....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

We have to remember when we were that young, most everyone wanted to go off some place and not stay close to home....

This! I was accepted at Indiana...did I head to Bloomington? Hell no. I hopped the Greyhound "Laredo Express" in South Bend and ended up in Edinburg at the age of 18. And I was not fleeing a warrant or paternity suit.

5 hours ago, EagleMBA said:

This! I was accepted at Indiana...did I head to Bloomington? Hell no. I hopped the Greyhound "Laredo Express" in South Bend and ended up in Edinburg at the age of 18. And I was not fleeing a warrant or paternity suit.

So you say ...... :) 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

So you say ...... :) 

You should have seen their faces in Edinburg when I dazzled them with my two years of Indiana high school Spanish! :)

I also spent a few weeks in El Paso about four years later at that little paradise (Logan Hts. ?) in the foothills off of Dyer St. that our Uncle operated. My Spanish was better by then. When I got off the bus, I was surprised that the first greeting I received was totally in English..."Drop, Fat F_k, and give me 20!".

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

Ft Bliss....todays army is not like the old army.  You can quit during bootcamp if you don't like it.  So now it might be Drop, sweetheart and give me five.

I always thought that Ft. Bliss was a misnomer! :) At that time, it was either perform or get recycled...there was no quitting in Army. I just realized that, if Dr. Who came by and offered me a trip today, and I asked him to take me back exactly 50 earth years...I would be at Ft. Bliss.

On 4/15/2017 at 1:51 AM, Caw Caw said:

Ruston has a restaurant called Ponchatoulas it's the best food i've ever had in my life. I would commit just to go eat there.

Can you raise the flag and they bring more gator and re fried beans to the table. 

Edited by TreeFiddy
  • Upvote 1